The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Why do cars hate me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauleyman

DSM Wiseman
Nov 19, 2011
oklahoma city, Oklahoma
Well after my son's lancer bit me last summer with a broken tbelt now it has lost the clutch. Naturally upon trans removal stuff broke. A sway bar end link seized and sheared and one starter bolt seized and ripped out the threads. Weird part is it was obviously not the bolt that goes there. Bolt has a little shoulder on the shank and was very similar to the bolts that hold on the hydraulic tensioner. I don't think it was a mitsu bolt. Uncoated and the threads were too long. Story of my life. Now waiting on a new clutch. Anybody happen to know flywheel step height? I can't find it.

Hehe...good info but this is for my 2006 lancer ralliart.

From everything I can find, the OEM Flywheel isn't supposed to be resurfaced or stepped because it's not flat, it's beveled. It's supposedly supposed to just be replaced.

Dont @ me though. Strictly only what I could find on google.

From everything I can find, the OEM Flywheel isn't supposed to be resurfaced or stepped because it's not flat, it's beveled. It's supposedly supposed to just be replaced.

Dont @ me though. Strictly only what I could find on google.
Very strange. I think I've decided to just leave it alone. It's weird as the flywheel looks shiny new. No hot spots or anything. Just smooth. I know it isn't new as I've had the car for 6 years. It's a very shallow step compared to DSM.
If you have a link from that I'd like to read it, please. Sounds very strange as that contradicts everything I know about clutches.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back