The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

why cant everyone just understand DSM addiction

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnhieu

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 16, 2004
panama city, Florida
alright i know you guys know what im talking about. the addiction of always having to buy car parts, hanging out with friends with dsm's, always on the internet looking at parts for your dsm.

anyways with that being said wouldnt it be nice for everyone you know (family and friends) understood your addiction with your car? i couldnt tell you how many times people called my car a pos or told me i should invest my money instead of always putting it into my car. i mean its what i like to do and i just wish people could see that im not the only one like this. im sure there are hundreds of you on this site alone.

Yo this is so funny I just finish having this big discussion with my wife around 3 days ago. I truly do wish everyone understood its not our fualt its the car that talks to us and tells us it wants and needs more so we have to keep it happy and get it all the stuff it wants. Well I just wanted to let you know that your not alone homie im in the same boat as you.

i spend about 80% of my money, time, effort on my car. And in the other 20% of my time, i spend 90% of that time thinking about my car. I dont know what it is but i drives me crazy sometimes. Its a VERY big addiction. If i stop thinking about it, i tend to get mad or grumpy. I dont know but love is a weird thing...hehe

People think we're crazy, but then once I let someone drive my car, all of a sudden its the coolest car in the world and they want one too. Seeing is believing, but driving is too. :talon:

Amen to that, anyone talking down on dsm just needs to go for a ride, then theyll have to big of a grin on their face to say anything else.:rocks:

Same goes for me. If I know my car is down and I cant drive it I get all mad and grumpy. People just dont understand why people are addicted so much. I have given many of those people rides in my car and they now understand where I come from. I have let three people drive my car and have so much respect for it now. I just let my g/f drive it and it was her first time driving a manual car. She did pretty good on the 2600 :thumb:. She wants to drive it again! I guess DSMs are just a drug, not a bad drug though. I have learned and learned so many things from it and keep on learning. DSMs are a big part of my life now. There comes times that you work on your car and have problems after problems, but what makes up for it is driving it after the problem is fixed. You enjoy every single millisecond of it. Respect to all DSMers out there who have hung on to them. Keep taking care of them and they will take care of you. I plan on keeping my DSM forever :).

My girlfriend loves working on the car with me. Even when shes not in the mood to work on it, shell sit outside for support.

And shell bring me something to drink if I need it, or if i get frustrated she knows just to come over and say lets take a break and go inside... :sneaky:

I'm in the same situation too. After i sold my 91 awd talon, i've been looking all over for another car. I ended up just getting another one. Everyone just asks me, "why do you like old ugly cars." Sometimes i don't know how to answer that.

damn im glad im not the only one!!! my dsm is apart of me. it reflects my personally and what kind of person i am loud, mean (thanks to the tial wastegate), and a hard worker that never gives up (always tuning and working on it to make it run perfect). if it was taken away from me i would be completly lost as a person....

dnhieu said:
damn im glad im not the only one!!! my dsm is apart of me. it reflects my personally and what kind of person i am loud, mean (thanks to the tial wastegate), and a hard worker that never gives up (always tuning and working on it to make it run perfect). if it was taken away from me i would be completly lost as a person....

I know alot of people here that would classify you as a person that "needs serious help" but it's all good cause i'm just like you :thumb:

HAHAHAHA my g/f and i have funny conversations. i talk about car parts and she just nods her head and says yep, uh-hu, yes, cool, thats nice just like me when shes talking about clothes and shoes....

I hear ya on this one. I never thought I was going to sell my white 1g. I sold it last august, and am still kicking myself for it. I brought that car back from the dead, and turned around and betrayed her. I just bought a 90 AWD that's got a blown motor, but I'll have it running in June again. And I plan to never let go of this one. I miss taking people for a ride and suprising them with what my little 4 banger can do.

I would love it if everyone understood. My car is broken now and all my friends and my girl are always asking why I don't just sell it and get something i'm not going to have to spend so much money on. Stuff like "you could've had that Evo you want by now if it wasn't for that car."

bhop said:
"you could've had that Evo you want by now if it wasn't for that car."

Yea, I hear something similar all the time and have to reply..."if I bought the Evo or (car of your choice here) I would just start modding it." I don't really think it's a DSM thing, but a modding thing. I've been addicted to speed for almost 26 years now...I'll be modding my wheelchair soon.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back