The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Why are N/T Turbo's So Slow in the 1/4 Mile?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livid

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2005
Granville, New_York
I was looking through the 1/4 mile times for our N/T Turboed cars and lowest was a 13.6.. I was just wondering why nobody has hit any lower than that? It is simply because of all the wheelspin on our FWD cars? Or because nobody has really invested tons of money into tuning and parts? 13.6 is a great time but just wondering why nobody has hit 12's 11's? I really want to invest into my new turbo adding things like Stand Alones or Piggy Back EMS and such but I'm scared to if im only gunna get 13's out of it?

Livid said:
I was looking through the 1/4 mile times for our N/T Turboed cars and lowest was a 13.6.
#12 Bill Hahn | ET - 10.871 | MPH - 135.70 | 60' - 1.758
Orlly?

Yes, traction is an issue. So is weight. So is the number of people with turbo 2GNTs who desire to race at that level. I don't think there are a great many 4G63T guys running faster than 13.6 in their daily driven, dependable DSM.

13.6? Where are you getting you info bud? Im not even a year in being a n/t dsmer and i have seen guys on forums running 12's. On top of that can someone tell me what the HRC car is running lik 10's or 11's right?

There are many that are faster than 13's, you are just looking in the wrong spots. On a side note, YOU IS NOT U, AND ARE IS NOT R!!! This is not a chat room or instant message.

DSMcrazy3 said:
I have always considered any time in the 13's to be pretty damn quick. Especially for an originally non-turbo car.

my thoughts exactly. 13 sec times are nothing to laugh at. if that were the case, stock evo's and sti's would be slow as hell and an srt4 which runs i think a 14.1 stock would be a kids toy.

My 13.3 on pump feels awfully quick on the street. The problem is that w/o going to slicks its alot harder to get to 12's than the awd boys.

GILZTSIAWD said:
On a side note, YOU IS NOT U, AND ARE IS NOT R!!! This is not a chat room or instant message.

Yes I know I typoed the title, but you can't do an edit on the title to correct it. All of my messages are basically grammatically perfect, so I don't see what the big deal is?

my thoughts exactly. 13 sec times are nothing to laugh at. if that were the case, stock evo's and sti's would be slow as hell and an srt4 which runs i think a 14.1 stock would be a kids toy.

I realize 13's are good. I just want to make sure that it is POSSIBLE to take out my friends 2001 Stock Corvette on the 1/4, before I dump alot of money into my turbo. I guess the vette's run a 13.2? Yet, his is an auto so most likely it runs a little slower.

Also, there is a shop in my area that was talking about making their Eclipse RS into an AWD Eclipse. Has anybody ever heard of someone doing this or seen it done (pictures)?

Livid said:
Yes I know I typoed the title, but you can't do an edit on the title to correct it. All of my messages are basically grammatically perfect, so I don't see what the big deal is?
Really? You can't? I did not notice that. Interesting. Even so, this is a technical forum and we've all got to do our part to raise the bar a bit. Many people only skim the titles and do not read every thread, so it's a good idea to just make that extra effort to put your best foot forward when posting.

Thank you.

Livid said:
I realize 13's are good. I just want to make sure that it is POSSIBLE to take out my friends 2001 Stock Corvette on the 1/4, before I dump alot of money into my turbo. I guess the vette's run a 13.2? Yet, his is an auto so most likely it runs a little slower.
You've got your work cut out for you. I would say you can get to that level and maybe better without too much heartache, but keep in mind that getting your launch down pat will be essential to doing anything in this regard. RWD typically has an advantage over FWD in a drag scenario. You will have to work harder to stick your launch than he will, especially if he's an automatic. Bog or spin your 60ft and he will walk all over you.

Livid said:
Also, there is a shop in my area that was talking about making their Eclipse RS into an AWD Eclipse. Has anybody ever heard of someone doing this or seen it done (pictures)?
How do they plan on doing this? With a GSX tranny? Good luck mating that to a 420A, which has it's output on the opposite side. I have heard of someone with an AWD Avenger, but I would stay as far away as I could from this shop and the idea itself. Smells like 4G63 swap to me.
:notgood:

Livid said:

your friends auto corvette is probably faster then a manual one. than traction contro;; in those things is sweet and from what i here the auto is the way to go with vetties if you want to go fast.

selmerguy said:
your friends auto corvette is probably faster then a manual one. than traction contro;; in those things is sweet and from what i here the auto is the way to go with vetties if you want to go fast.

Ouch, bad news for me then ... :rolleyes: <-- Ya, and the vette's traction control works awesome btw.

gilztsi be cool about crap on here man its a thread to help not to bash. Just send a private instead of trying to get the guy in trouble. If they give you a cocky response in the private then go ahead. Were all dsmers so were all buds pretty much.

eldiabloz13 said:
gilztsi be cool about crap on here man its a thread to help not to bash. Just send a private instead of trying to get the guy in trouble. If they give you a cocky response in the private then go ahead. Were all dsmers so were all buds pretty much.
Just to get one thing straight, here... Those of us who point out gross neglect in the posts of others are not bashing. We are expressing to to both the poster, and anyone else who posts in the same manner, that we are trying to raise the bar in the tech forums. That said...

selmerguy said:
selmer knows a thing or two about 2GNTs. I've been watching the things he posts about various subjects. He's generally right and can carry on a decent conversation, but when I see something like this comment above, I have to wonder, "Was he drunk? What the hell is 'than traction contro;; in those things is sweet?'" Letting obvious shit like that slide shows a lack of concern. "Pffft. It's just DSMtuners. So what if it's all chopped up?"
:nono:

Back on topic now. Or are we done with this one?

dr1665 said:
Just to get one thing straight, here... Those of us who point out gross neglect in the posts of others are not bashing. We are experessing to to both the poster, and anyone else who posts in the same manner, that we are trying to raise the bar in the tech forums. That said...

selmer knows a thing or two about 2GNTs. I've been watching the things he posts about various subjects. He's generally right and can carry on a decent conversation, but when I see something like this comment above, I have to wonder, "Was he drunk? What the hell is 'than traction contro;; in those things is sweet?'" Letting obvious shit like that slide shows a lack of concern. "Pffft. It's just DSMtuners. So what if it's all chopped up?"
:nono:

Back on topic now. Or are we done with this one?

I was Just wondering if you are trying to help the forum by saying this or if I should just pull out a dictionary and double check the spelling, correct puctuation, grammar, and go get my Masters Degree in the Fine Arts, before I continue using this forum for help? If my thread is going to be Hijacked by 10 posts about my spelling and the people trying to help me's spelling, then I'll look to other places for help from now on. I don't think that the Sticky about using the correct grammar was meant to overtake a thread like you've done so far. So please either offer us advice like you started to do in your first post, or just don't bother.

Livid said:
I was Just wondering if you are trying to help the forum by saying this or if I should just pull out a dictionary and double check the spelling, correct puctuation, grammar, and go get my Masters Degree in the Fine Arts, before I continue using this forum for help?
dr1665 said:
We are expressing to to both the poster, and anyone else who posts in the same manner, that we are trying to raise the bar in the tech forums.
Your original question made reference to 13s being the fastest E.T.s for turbo 2GNTs.
-You were told there are faster 2GNTs than that.
-You were provided with examples of faster times than that.
-There was a brief discussion of the usual FWD handicaps.

How may we further inform you? Perhaps I could make a phone call and find out Bill Hahn, Jr's Zodiac sign and favorite color for you as well? The fact of the matter is, this is a technical forum. It is not the Hangout. The management is trying to raise the bar here by getting the membership to post like mature, literate adults. If that is too much to ask for you, or you don't think those people you are asking to assist you deserve that level of professional courtesy, please feel free to find a better resource. Not that there are any, of course, but this is the way things are heading here.

I'll go ahead and hit up the alert on this thread to see if anyone else has something to say about things.

Looks like this thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back