The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Why am I so slow? 14.5 best run

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your 60' is killing you more than anything else right now. A 2.0 60 would put you in the high 13's easily. Get something to tune/log with before trying to do anything else with your car would be my advice.

I am on the same boat as you.I have 0 traction off the line.I hit 2nd and either hop or spin.I have almost everything I can think of suspension wise our timeslips are almost identical:thumb:LOL I vote getting a good set of track tires will totally help both of us:)

If you have a crushed 1g bov I would check to make sure it's not over crushed and leaking. Sometimes crushed 1g bov's work great and sometimes they don't. I'm sure it's fine for 14 psi though.

definitely look into doing something about your traction problem because its only going to get worse LOL. i have a similar setup with e316g and ecmlink and the tires brake loose from 1st -3rd LOL.. this is at 24psi tho. and my track time are low 14's with 103-109 trap speeds and horrible 60' times.

Wow things like this really just puts it in perspective of how much faster a GSX is at the strip with equal mods.

I live in surprise. Is your ecu an eprom? Yes a wally will over run the fpr, but that has nothing to do with a slow track time. Only running 14 lbs, no tune, and street tires on a fwd are your issues. My talon is a solid mid 12 car with nothing more than a pump, injectors, and a evo 3, i also have burned a custom chip for it on e-85, that is the difference maker. I can run as much boost as i want on a stock intercooler, in fact when i ripped out the big front mount i had, the only noticible performance difference was quicker spool.

I live in surprise. Is your ecu an eprom? Yes a wally will over run the fpr, but that has nothing to do with a slow track time. Only running 14 lbs, no tune, and street tires on a fwd are your issues. My talon is a solid mid 12 car with nothing more than a pump, injectors, and a evo 3, i also have burned a custom chip for it on e-85, that is the difference maker. I can run as much boost as i want on a stock intercooler, in fact when i ripped out the big front mount i had, the only noticible performance difference was quicker spool.

yes ecu is an eprom. your running your car on e-85?

I think your 60' is the killer right now, second only to the clutch (if it's slipping). The FPR thing is a great recommendation, but over run is more then likely only happening at idle. Based off your trap speeds, your car is a solid 13 sec. car hands down. Practice makes perfect!

I think your 60' is the killer right now, second only to the clutch (if it's slipping). The FPR thing is a great recommendation, but over run is more then likely only happening at idle. Based off your trap speeds, your car is a solid 13 sec. car hands down. Practice makes perfect!

yeah, it was definitly slipping, but it was also the first time slipping. it dosent slip when i street drive it, must of been getting to hot or something. glad to know someone agree's with my thought that its a high/mid 13 sec car, mabey ill grad some drag radials and try my luck again

alrighty 2nd gear had full boost at around 4k-4300 rpm, 3rd gear is at about 3k

Whaat at 2nd gear WOT you should hit full boost at 3k area. your testing should be done from a dig since thats what a drag strip is start from 0 mph.

also i agree with everyone get a fpr, s-afc and tune your car i bet your running really rich.

annnd last but not least are you launching the car? if so how bad is/was your wheel spin? that probably killed your times. if do a little burn out and you roll out of the beams you'll get less spin and a better time for sure.

1. Boost Leak Test
2. AFPR
3. Wideband
4. Something to tune with - DSMLink or at least a datalogger
5. Turn the boost up to around 16 psi if you are still on stock injectors
6. Upgrade your injectors - at the least 560s with an SAFC
7. TUNE
8. Practice your launching - it's okay to spin a little, but NEVER a lot
9. Back to the track and get it in
10. Post your 13.xx time slip

Wow things like this really just puts it in perspective of how much faster a GSX is at the strip with equal mods.

Um, not really. This isn't an example of a fast front-wheel going slow due to traction loss. His MPH is really low. He's not making power. If his MPH was 108+ with his time, you'd be right.

True that!!

1. Boost Leak Test
2. AFPR
3. Wideband
4. Something to tune with - DSMLink or at least a datalogger
5. Turn the boost up to around 16 psi if you are still on stock injectors
6. Upgrade your injectors - at the least 560s with an SAFC
7. TUNE
8. Practice your launching - it's okay to spin a little, but NEVER a lot
9. Back to the track and get it in
10. Post your 13.xx time slip

And a set of radials and your set but if you cant tune dont attempt just pay to have it done by a pro!!! You shouldnt have slipping issue with the clutch bein a 6 puck and all thats weird?

AFPR and SAFC tunned on road race settings with a what you already have on higher boost you should hit 13's.. I hit 13s on a stock t25 so you shouldnt be having this problem.. E-85 tunned take it to Wings Performance and call it a day, Arizona is E85 tunned.. :thumb:

You aren't running enough boost and you don't have the fuel mods to support too much more boost. The turbo is not efficient at that level of boost. Example..

I run a 6 Puck Clutch disc
ACT Streetlight Flywheel
MBC set to 15 lbs leaking down to 9
Extreme PSI CAI
Open o2

I run consistent 14.2's at the track on a T25.

You need injectors, AFPR, and more boost, and something to tune with. Otherwise the turbo is not being utilized properly. Get those mods and say hello to easy high 12's.

Um, not really. This isn't an example of a fast front-wheel going slow due to traction loss. His MPH is really low. He's not making power. If his MPH was 108+ with his time, you'd be right.

This man here has it right his MPH is slow he isn't making the power at all at and if you had traction you'd be doing high 13's like 13.9 .

Keep in mind each time you run your stock intercooler will help you make less power.

Keep in mind people have gone faster on no tuning and less bolt on's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back