The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Why am I doing this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I might have to do that! Also here are better pics of my interior I took for my insurance claim

0113211444_HDR.jpg 0113211442b_HDR.jpg 0113211442a_HDR.jpg 0916201048a.jpg 0916201048.jpg 0624201521_HDR.jpg

Yeah its a replacement bulkhead. Those brass nuts are the weakest pieces of crap. 2 line wrenches and alot of silicone lube and I still smoothed the nut.

Hopefully this bulkhead holds I have a nylon washer on fuel side and a crush washer on the top which I coated with gasket maker. It's the same as the RTM repair kit except I didn't want to change to AN fittings yet. If I switch to AN I will likely replace the hardlines all the way to the engine bay.

Sounds good, I went through 6 revisions or more trying to use bolt on an bulkheads and I swear I don't know how it managed to leak. I added nylon washers to both sides, pipe dope quite a few tricks and wasn't happy with it. Even when I got it to stop leaking I could smell gas through it and not going to accept that. Got it welded so I could have piece of mind over some time it won't develop another leak.

Got my car back from English Racing today. On the 3rd pull an oil gasket on the timing belt side blew and sprayed oil at full boost.

I will get this fixed when the parts arrive from extremepsi

All good news here though minus that. They fixed some minor bugs. They voiced their gripes with VRSF intercoolers on my invoice and had to add 2" of pipe to it to get it lined up better under the turbo. They also installed a speed density and I dynoed at 305 @6.3k rpm and 277lb ft torque@ 5.3k rpm on pump gas.

For the time being I will just enjoy the car, but I think in the future I need to upgrade the cams to get a little closer to my goals.
0506211215a.jpg
0506211215.jpg
0506211223.jpg

Im curious on what their issues are with the VRSF 2g kit

It seems they just didn't like the way the pipes sat. It could have also been me poorly installing it :idontknow:I also have a JMF atmospheric dump off the wastegate that makes it a tight area to work with on the turbo side.

Update on the oil leak. Got all my timing covers pulled and 4 of my oil pump bolts were not torqued at all. One was practically hand tightened. I got some RTV on the 2 long bolts and torqued everything down.

I'm not sure why these bolts were touched in the first place and by who. But I believe that to be the culprit, my oil pump sprocket looked good and all my belts were dry. So with that I cleaned up what little oil there was and buttoned everything back up

OMGOMGOMGOMG Gremlins...…….I hate them!
Glad you got it fixed though. Kind of questionable on how those bolts got loose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back