The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Why 260hp on 272 with 9:1 comp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yes sir i did change the wasgate, tight all my bolts again and fix all my boost leaks. then i got off work, and did a pull blown turbo no boost and alot of smoke, i did check the exhaust no oil dry then i took the intake pipe and the bolt came off with the shaft. next day i took it a part and found out that the shaft broke and that the oil ring seal on the shaft was deformed, but it did not leak oil all the smoke was to metal and burning smell.:banghead:

Were you running a restrictor?

Just another point to point out since no one said anything. Oversizing your valves hurts you car unless you trying to go 8's or 9's down the QM( you would need a monster turbo and over 7-800 hp). You cannot utilized the extra airflow so there is no actuall advantage of oversizing them for your type of build. Sometimes going bigger isnt always better.

Just another point to point out since no one said anything. Oversizing your valves hurts you car unless you trying to go 8's or 9's down the QM( you would need a monster turbo and over 7-800 hp). You cannot utilized the extra airflow so there is no actuall advantage of oversizing them for your type of build. Sometimes going bigger isnt always better.

Elaborate for us, please.

Restrictor .75 fed from the ofh, but it was my dicision, next time I will put an oil gage to check the turbo fed line.
Well I will have to pay to get it fix so for know I will try to get an 16g baster.
These sucks when I have the car running again something happends well next time I will double check.

Just thought I'd check because just now before i starter my dsm up after replacing stuff with oil drain and compressor cover leaks, i was wondering why the wideband wasnt leaning out before i turned the key and remembered the wb wasnt plugged in LOL i always warm up my sensor before turning the car over so it wasnt a big deal but if i had forgot I'd be stumped for at least half hour on whythe gauge was stuck at 14.8haha

well guys here it goes new tune from the amazing tedspec on norcal, i when and took my car to ted and he took his time to retune it and here it goes ted tune

Ted... In cali? Tell him im still looking for my sr20's, if i don't get them then he's going to find out what 50 weight oil tastes like.

Guys found out that my isc plug had an wire cut and it was hard to see cause it was under the plastic wire cover protector.

Well for know I will wait for my turbo to get finish and post my new log or tune:thumb:

Cool, glad you got that worked out. What turbo are you getting put together now?

Thanks bro I will use an 30r billet 7 blade wheel with 20g oem comp housing, with tdo6 mid section, and 11 blade tdo6sl2, with 8cm exhaust housing, 35 flaper with an internal wasgate from holset.

Also bro he offer me an 20g billet extended tip what do you think.

If that "30r" compressor wheel is the same size as an actual Garrett 30r wheel I think it may be a bit big for that size turbine wheel.

Will the turbo be warrantied?

If that "30r" compressor wheel is the same size as an actual Garrett 30r wheel I think it may be a bit big for that size turbine wheel.

Will the turbo be warrantied?

The whelp specs 53 x 71mm compresor, should I go with extended 20g tip?
Well the last one did not got cover is just when it comes to these specially small guys business warranty sucks. Tomorrow I will post the reason with pics what cause these, so it will be more understanding.

I was under the impression that the 30R compressor wheel was 57mm. The 53mm you mention sounds like a much better match. .5mm bigger on the inducer, 2mm bigger on the exducer.

I would go with it, sounds like it should be a fun turbo.

The reason I asked if it will be warrantied is because if they recommended a 57mm wheel like I had originally thought, I would want them to cover the thrust bearing failure if it happened due to the large wheel size paired with the 6sl2.

Good luck with the new setup! Just thought I'd throw in my own results on 91 pump with w/m injection (HKS 272's+ other supporting mods) here in SoCal on an evo 3 16g which was ~350awhp and ~375 ft lbs of torque. Hopefully on you're new setup you'll put down a lot more power reliably!

firts FirstCarIsA GSX sound like an fun car.

guys i got the car together with the same set up the turbo is the same.
compressor whee billetl 53 x 71mm 11 blade gt3071r with an tdo6 machine cover
turbine wheel 54 x 61mm 11 blade tdo6sl2
8cm turbine housing fully ported and polished, 37mm internal flapper
Internal gated
the only diff that is the wheel is 2mm larger, 6 blade billet. on holset wg

The only thing is that it hits full boost at 4500 to 4750 sound right guys? but never losses boost.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back