The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Whose got a sweet credit card?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vexixx

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 14, 2004
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows of a credit card good to buy performance parts with. I'm getting some work on the car that I could pay cash with, but I'd rather not...Just cause LOL. I have 1 credit card though capital one just because thats all I feel I need to have. But since im gonna be racking up some money on one, whose got some cool credit cards with nice rewards or something!

I refuse to get a credit card, I couldn't responsibly use it. But from what I hear capital one has the best rewards.

If I were you i'd pay that card off in a hurry before the interest gets to you. Don't go with a card that has "hidden" finance charges, such as $125 yearly "membership" fee, or any activation fee.Those tend to be higher. If all you have is a Capital One card, then see if you can get a Discover. I got 3, Citgo gas credit card, Sears, and Discover. I got 11.9% APR, no fee's, and a $1300 credit limit. However, i treat it like a Debit card, because once the statement comes in, its paid in full, so I don't get interest charges. I used to have Capital One, they were an "alright" first-timer card, but once i got some good credit established, i got the Discover and a really good rate, i closed the Capital One account. Good luck with your hunt, and don't get caught in the credit card game.

Discover = good. Cash back bonus rewards. Sure it's only like 1-2% and doesn't count on all purchases, but if you're ordering a few grand worth of stuff, then you might get like $20 back. Of course some of those flight miles cards usually have good initial offers, 1000 or so free miles upon first purchases good if you wanna fly somewhere.

perley03 said:
Don't go with a card that has "hidden" finance charges, such as $125 yearly "membership" fee, or any activation fee.

These aren't always bad. Example I get a corporate card Diners/MC for work, $50 bucks a year (optional if you want to earn points) but I can easily charge and expense 15k a year in which you personally get all the benefits even though the charges are paid for by the company

I earn reward points on my AmEx. In fact I just received a $50 Home Depot gift card from my points. The best part is I never pay interest or annual fees on my credit cards. I pay them off every month and never carry a balance. So the rewards are free money:thumb:

I've bought my last three cars on credit cards, and I surf the interest to the lowest around. I make whatever car payment I feel like, or whatever I can afford.

I used to work for Discover, and in my building we also took calls for Chase, Citibank and MBNA....Lemme tell ya, CCs are the debil. No matter how good the deal looks, I promise your get screwed some how, minus the reach-around, even. Not saying not to get one, but at least be prepared to spend ALOT of time on the phone getting things straightened out LoL

I have an ex-providian cc,theyre now wamu.Personally I would stay away from one,just because of the interest.Like mine averages around 14%,so if you dont pay it off quick,your paying for your mods twice or more.Ive had a card since I was 18,and the limit keeps going up.Ive learned the hard way not to use the thingI mean I'm 24 and I have a $12k card,I dont need that in my wallet.

what a funny thread title LOL

WTF? edible credit cards?

I have a capital one card and also a Paypal Credit card simply for the cashback and ease to use. I do alot of online sales and such so keeping in good with Paypal helps out alot. Mostly I use the Capital one card though. The limit goes up very quick on those. I had a 2k limit within 6 months and I was only 18. I use this only for business and car emergencies (tranny, clutch, 16g haha). Anyway It usually gets paid off as fast as possible but I know I would be screwed without it for the emergencies. I'm in college and having the ability to make the size payment you want is a plus.

Also like Defiant said car purchases are a great thing on there. My Capital One card sends me auto finance checks which are blank checks you can use up to your credit limit to cover a car purchase and keep a LOW apr. I think mine are usually around 5.9% which is alot cheaper than most banks.

I have a capitol one card with no rewards and I had 0% interest for a year and 8.9% after that. Had it for about a year and a half, great APR... better than my bank loan actually.

Bank credit cards are the best IMO. I opened an account at Wells Fargo and got a CC with 5k spending limited and as long as I never make a late payment I only pay 1.9%APR. Even if I have it for 15 years that's all I pay. Have a Capital One card too with low intrest rate and they have awesome rewards.

I did wind up getting one for some parts actually. I got an American Express Select Blue. It seems pretty nice. I'm waiting for it in the mail now. 15month 0% interest and builds points towards rewards. No annual Fee. Not sure what the APR is after 15 months, but got 15months to see if I want to keep it. Thanks for all the input.

Just make sure at the end of that 15 months you don't have charges left on it from the beginning, because the interest is usually accrued from the date of purchase with deals like that, which equals you probably getting ####ed if there's a balance once those interest rates kick in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back