The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

who's running hot pipe? (no intercooler)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa... OMG

thats gotta feel sickeningly cool... hopefully youre still on the t25? :p

Off topic.

You aren't the fastest 14b Galant any more :)

22 12.348 109.18 7.877 88.00 1.737 92 Galant VR4 14b YES Ryan Etheridge

Tim Switzer's intercooler/intake manifold is by far one of the coolest things I've ever seen done to a DSM it's not "budget" by any means.

I would like some more info on the DSM running without an intercooler in the pic.

Hell, I was waiting on someone to say it was a photochop. I can't see any benefit to this at all. There's such a thing as being too cheap. Unless you've got loads of displacement and running low boost (like a supercharged V8 kit) I could see how you could do without an IC, why on earth would you want to do this to a low compression turbo DSM? :barf:

sleepyvr4 said:
how aren't I the fastest on a 14b? I ran a [email protected] - he ran a [email protected] - so if you check your math genius I am definetely faster. Not quicker, but certainly faster. All w/o a 75 shot. amazing.

Calm down you ass. I was joking, hence the :) face.

And his 12.3 is faster than your 12.5

Christ. :rolleyes:

sleepyvr4 said:
how aren't I the fastest on a 14b? I ran a [email protected] - he ran a [email protected] - so if you check your math genius I am definetely faster. Not quicker, but certainly faster. All w/o a 75 shot. amazing.

Coup D E'Tat said:
Off topic.

You aren't the fastest 14b Galant any more :)

22 12.348 109.18 7.877 88.00 1.737 92 Galant VR4 14b YES Ryan Etheridge

Coup D E'Tat said:
Calm down you ass. I was joking, hence the :) face.

And his 12.3 is faster than your 12.5

Christ. :rolleyes:

He is the fastest as far as I can tell. Stop using "I was joking" as an excuse for your ignorance after the fact. His 12.3 is quicker than a 12.5, but he is still faster.

Mirage2LTurbo said:
He is the fastest as far as I can tell. Stop using "I was joking" as an excuse for your ignorance after the fact. His 12.3 is quicker than a 12.5, but he is still faster.

First of all, I was correct the entire time, because 12.3 seconds is faster than 12.5 seconds. Trap speeds are different. 12.3 is faster than 12.5, end of discussion.

Second, I did mean it as a joke, because he is on local forums, and was talking about being the fastest whenever he ran that time listed (a while ago before the local track closed,) and I figured he would take it as a joke as well, so #### off.

Coup D E'Tat said:
First of all, I was correct the entire time, because 12.3 seconds is faster than 12.5 seconds. Trap speeds are different. 12.3 is faster than 12.5, end of discussion.

Second, I did mean it as a joke, because he is on local forums, and was talking about being the fastest whenever he ran that time listed (a while ago before the local track closed,) and I figured he would take it as a joke as well, so #### off.

First off, you're not right. Saying 12.3 is faster than 12.5 is like saying 14lbs is taller than 10lbs. He is faster than the guy that ran 12.3 because his mph is higher. The 12.3 is quicker than his 12.5 pass. Now that's the end of discussion, I don't even need a second point. Thanks for playing.

Mirage2LTurbo said:
First off, you're not right. Saying 12.3 is faster than 12.5 is like saying 14lbs is taller than 10lbs. He is faster than the guy that ran 12.3 because his mph is higher. The 12.3 is quicker than his 12.5 pass. Now that's the end of discussion, I don't even need a second point. Thanks for playing.

The other guy ran the 1/4 mile in a shorter time, in other words, faster time. I was not comparing trap speeds.

Edit : and I know you're not going to like hearing this, but I just wanted to point out that DSMTimes.org also thinks my term of "faster" is by ET's, not trap speeds. I'm not saying that one is "better" than the other, but that your definition isn't the end-all definition.

http://www.dsmtimes.org/fastest.htm

Coup D E'Tat said:
The other guy ran the 1/4 mile in a shorter time, in other words, faster time. I was not comparing trap speeds.

And my 2200lbs hatch is shorter than your 3000lbs DSM. Your terminology is wrong, accept it and move on. He is faster, the other guy is quicker. The other guy ran a quicker time.

Mirage2LTurbo said:
And my 2200lbs hatch is shorter than your 3000lbs DSM. Your terminology is wrong, accept it and move on. He is faster, the other guy is quicker. The other guy ran a quicker time.

See my last post. I'm done with this discussion, because neither of us are going to budge, and I forgot you're the fountain of all drag racing knowledge.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Coup D E'Tat said:
See my last post. I'm done with this discussion, because neither of us are going to budge, and I forgot you're the fountain of all drag racing knowledge.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also, and maybe it's just another play on words, but it's coup d’état (Coup D'etat without the accent marks).

This has turned into bench racing. And we all know that it is not permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back