The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Who wants a big SMIC? gauging interest

If a 2G big SMIC were available, would you buy it?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does this page have a dedicated fb or Instagram page. I’ll be happy to post on both platforms. As for fb there are many forums. So are there specific ones I should focus on?
There is a DSMtuners group, which I've already shared this in. There are tons of other FB groups out there for DSMs - join any of them - just be sure to post a link back to this thread to get people to come here to vote in the poll and participate in the group buy.

I've tried to direct people to this group buy when WTB ads pop up for large side mounts. Seems like everyone who has a Hahn, Dejon, etc. Side mount is keeping it for life.

There are just so many DSM Facebook groups (DSM Classifieds, 2g DSM Parts Trader, DSM Parts Trader, Strictly DSM, etc.). It's cumbersome and hard to reach everyone who might be interested.

It's cumbersome and hard to reach everyone who might be interested.
The unfortunate reality of FB - as great of a communication tool as it is, it's done one hell of a job of fragmenting the community. All you can really do is share it in a few of the large groups and hope people who are interested will see it - and then actually take the extra step of coming here to reply to the thread (you'd be surprised at how many people these days find that to be too difficult).

The unfortunate reality of FB - as great of a communication tool as it is, it's done one hell of a job of fragmenting the community. All you can really do is share it in a few of the large groups and hope people who are interested will see it - and then actually take the extra step of coming here to reply to the thread (you'd be surprised at how many people these days find that to be too difficult).

Totally agree! I was surprised at the number of people on the DSM FB groups who don't have a Username here. That was one of the first things I did when I got my GSX

Totally agree! I was surprised at the number of people on the DSM FB groups who don't have a Username here. That was one of the first things I did when I got my GSX
Appreciate that Jeff. Some people on FB think our site is just a searchable archive now. They might search the forum or browse topics, but then they post their questions somewhere on FB and answer questions posted by others over there, without considering the long term consequences of doing so. Some even think older threads here aren't relevant to the questions they're asking. :ohdamn:

It's infuriating to watch the wheel get reinvented daily over there, but hey, you can only do what you can do. I've laid out the negative impacts FB has on car culture and forums like ours several times, but some simply shrug and go on about their scrolling, liking, and commenting. My calls for the community to band together here have largely fallen on deaf ears. I'm sure some see my pleas as biased because I'm the forum owner, but I wish more people would take a minute and really put some thought into it instead of just dismissing it as self-serving. Luckily we've been able to maintain a healthy sized group here that participates regularly, but I fear for what the future holds for us all as automotive enthusiasts.

Hopefully those who really want a SMIC are able to find this thread and chime in.

Appreciate that Jeff. Some people on FB think our site is just a searchable archive now. They might search the forum or browse topics, but then they post their questions somewhere on FB and answer questions posted by others over there, without considering the long term consequences of doing so. Some even think older threads here aren't relevant to the questions they're asking. :ohdamn:

It's infuriating to watch the wheel get reinvented daily over there, but hey, you can only do what you can do. I've laid out the negative impacts FB has on car culture and forums like ours several times, but some simply shrug and go on about their scrolling, liking, and commenting. My calls for the community to band together here have largely fallen on deaf ears. I'm sure some see my pleas as biased because I'm the forum owner, but I wish more people would take a minute and really put some thought into it instead of just dismissing it as self-serving. Luckily we've been able to maintain a healthy sized group here that participates regularly, but I fear for what the future holds for us all as automotive enthusiasts.

Hopefully those who really want a SMIC are able to find this thread and chime in.
Have you considered at all having a Discord server connected with the forums? I get the not being a fan of FB and many of the things that come with it. However Discord is usually very focused with people and there special interests. It is vastly different than the general mindset of FB users. Its also 100% free to run/maintain and extremely popular among enthusiasts of all sorts.

I personally have a returning affection for DSMtuners as it was the first forum I frequented in the mid 2000's as a teenage owner of a DSM. It is where I literally learned everything I did and fixed on my car. As a mid 30's adult and now owning a DSM again I was overwhelmed with nastolgia and excitement to rejoin the forums. I think with out this strong connection to the community and the understanding of the impacts that these forums had on these cars in the mid 2000's, its hard for a new/current member to see it as anything besides an archive.

I know a lot of people in the community still have a 1000 questions and maybe the wisemen dont really WANT to be answering questions/sharing info inside of another channel. However, Discord is amazing :)
I don't intend any of this in a negative way at all and just took to heart what you posted here!

SIDENOTE> Entering my Preorder for the 2g SMIC :)

Have you considered at all having a Discord server connected with the forums? I get the not being a fan of FB and many of the things that come with it. However Discord is usually very focused with people and there special interests. It is vastly different than the general mindset of FB users. Its also 100% free to run/maintain and extremely popular among enthusiasts of all sorts.

I personally have a returning affection for DSMtuners as it was the first forum I frequented in the mid 2000's as a teenage owner of a DSM. It is where I literally learned everything I did and fixed on my car. As a mid 30's adult and now owning a DSM again I was overwhelmed with nastolgia and excitement to rejoin the forums. I think with out this strong connection to the community and the understanding of the impacts that these forums had on these cars in the mid 2000's, its hard for a new/current member to see it as anything besides an archive.

I know a lot of people in the community still have a 1000 questions and maybe the wisemen dont really WANT to be answering questions/sharing info inside of another channel. However, Discord is amazing :)
I don't intend any of this in a negative way at all and just took to heart what you posted here!

SIDENOTE> Entering my Preorder for the 2g SMIC :)
I love this. And I just checked Discord, there are no public DSM servers on there, so we could start one if we wanted to.

I have tried to contact him via facebook. I guess he isn't aware you can actually see the read receipt. He checked it last week. Zero response.

Same here. Messaged them on 6/2, it was read with no response. Idk how a PayPal claim works after this much time. If we didn't meet the minimum after 5 months, I doubt its going to happen. I would prefer to have my $600 back to use for something else. Not tied up indefinitely for something that might never happen

Yeah. I know they're workin' hard right now (backed up about two months). But when I texted them about the status of the group buy there was no response... I really want this to go through, otherwise I'll just have to go with a front mount.

Yeah. I know they're workin' hard right now (backed up about two months). But when I texted them about the status of the group buy there was no response... I really want this to go through, otherwise I'll just have to go with a front mount.

I would love the have one also. But I would like some expectations set in terms of how long the order window will stay open before getting refunded. I don't want to wait 12 months just to find out we didn't meet the minimum and the project is cancelled.

I am also concerned that the price point may no longer be accurate. I know raw material costs have sky rocketed over the past few months. Idk if that was factored into the $600 or not.

Well what a coincidence, I too desired a big SMIC for my 1g, and recognized the demand for them that has gone unfilled. I did a mockup complete with core dimensions already available, 2.5" inlet and outlet, and also a template to cut the sheetmetal of the car. I planned on sourcing the components myself and finding a fabricator... but I'm also going to be moving up to Washington in the next few weeks, maybe me and Raven Fab can get together and provide a 1g solution as well.
Nice work! I've been looking for an upgraded sidemount for my 1g... Have you gotten any further with this to start producing them?

Well what a coincidence, I too desired a big SMIC for my 1g, and recognized the demand for them that has gone unfilled. I did a mockup complete with core dimensions already available, 2.5" inlet and outlet, and also a template to cut the sheetmetal of the car. I planned on sourcing the components myself and finding a fabricator... but I'm also going to be moving up to Washington in the next few weeks, maybe me and Raven Fab can get together and provide a 1g solution as well.
I just saw this. I have a fab shop in my garage, and also have a 1G dsm... If you are interested maybe we can move forward on this?

Let me know... Shoot me a PM. I have a cnc plasma and tig welder... and a press brake as well.

I'm willing to pick up this project for the 2g guys. I already have a prototype made, in the car running. Treadstone core, no cutting or trimming and works with STOCK location IC pipes. Pricing would come in cheaper at $550. If you guys are interested, let me know or post up. I don't need 20 people or any of that. Just 5 confirmed purchasers.
Interested in 1g🙄

I'm willing to pick up this project for the 2g guys. I already have a prototype made, in the car running. Treadstone core, no cutting or trimming and works with STOCK location IC pipes. Pricing would come in cheaper at $550. If you guys are interested, let me know or post up. I don't need 20 people or any of that. Just 5 confirmed purchasers.
I'm down, waiting on Raven to refund my money, anyone was successful getting it back?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back