The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Who wants a big SMIC? gauging interest

If a 2G big SMIC were available, would you buy it?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm still in. I've seen exactly zero old school super side mounts come up for sale since this thread started. But I've seen 5 or 6 WTB ad's (which I directed to this thread).

Well what a coincidence, I too desired a big SMIC for my 1g, and recognized the demand for them that has gone unfilled. I did a mockup complete with core dimensions already available, 2.5" inlet and outlet, and also a template to cut the sheetmetal of the car. I planned on sourcing the components myself and finding a fabricator... but I'm also going to be moving up to Washington in the next few weeks, maybe me and Raven Fab can get together and provide a 1g solution as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3405.JPG
    IMG_3405.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3406.JPG
    IMG_3406.JPG
    701.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3407.JPG
    IMG_3407.JPG
    816.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3408.JPG
    IMG_3408.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3924.JPG
    IMG_3924.JPG
    764.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3925.JPG
    IMG_3925.JPG
    733.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3926.JPG
    IMG_3926.JPG
    709.6 KB · Views: 86
Well what a coincidence, I too desired a big SMIC for my 1g, and recognized the demand for them that has gone unfilled. I did a mockup complete with core dimensions already available, 2.5" inlet and outlet, and also a template to cut the sheetmetal of the car. I planned on sourcing the components myself and finding a fabricator... but I'm also going to be moving up to Washington in the next few weeks, maybe me and Raven Fab can get together and provide a 1g solution as well.
That’s awesome! Maybe someday I can contribute to the DSM community with a product...

Washington DSMs UNITE

What's the thickness? The OG big SMICs looked WAY thicker.

I have an OG big side mount. love it.

It is a top to bottom front mount core, cut in half and doubled up with custom end tanks.

Not sure how it compares to front mount for heat dissipation, but I have working AC, so I don’t complain.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok so I talked to Raven the other day and he said there were only 5 people who did the preorder. We need 20

Somebody should advertise it on FB, looks like that's where everybody is now.
I'm betting it's been mentioned there too. Hopefully our members continue to invite people on FB to come over here, but that's a discussion for another thread :)

Does this page have a dedicated fb or Instagram page. I’ll be happy to post on both platforms. As for fb there are many forums. So are there specific ones I should focus on?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back