The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Who races RC cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
Today I bought a team losi mini t, the things sweet and I only paid $20 for it. I put a lithium ion 7v battery in it and the thing is a blast. Does anyone else on here race RC cars?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I run a traxxas revo with big block conversion. It is fun as hell.

I have a Team Associated RC10B4(this is the shit!) with a LRP 10x2 motor. Traxxas Jato 3.3(sold). Team Losi Micro-T. E-Flite CX-2 helicopter(sold). And i have a nice 4x4 nitro buggy roller with high torque servos and 3 sets of wheels/tires.

Im trying to sell the others for car parts, i dont use them any more. They just collect dust.

I had a Traxxas Nitro 4-tec Pro as a teenager. Blew so much money between buying it and modding it. Then I got a driver's license, lost interest, and sold it. Plus there wasn't anyone else around with RC cars, much less on-road ones.

Honesly i would sell everything for 50 bucks+ shipping to get it off my hands. You could easily sell the servos on the buggy roller for that. Plus that would help pay for my timing belt tensioner.

ehh, maybe i'll get back into it one day...

I had a Traxxas Nitro 4-tec Pro as a teenager. Blew so much money between buying it and modding it. Then I got a driver's license, lost interest, and sold it. Plus there wasn't anyone else around with RC cars, much less on-road ones.

That pretty much sums me up.. :coy: But not on road. Off road is more fun...less curbs to break a-arms and whatnot on.

It's pretty cool there is a place right by me called Larry's RC they have a huge indoor track to race electric cars.

i have a traxxas revo that i bought along time ago and havent used in forever i actully lost the controller now too. i guess i should just sell it

Me!Started racing when I was a mere 5 years old,and grew up around many pro drivers and have raced with many others.I got out of it though when I started college..I had a lot of fun doing it though and my Dad still races and has been for probably over 25 years now...Oh yeah and one thing,Chicks DO NOT dig it.If you wanna c-block yourself,tell them you race r/c cars.ahaha

LOL time to be a closet RC car enthusiast.

Me!Started racing when I was a mere 5 years old,and grew up around many pro drivers and have raced with many others.I got out of it though when I started college..I had a lot of fun doing it though and my Dad still races and has been for probably over 25 years now...Oh yeah and one thing,Chicks DO NOT dig it.If you wanna c-block yourself,tell them you race r/c cars.ahaha

I've raced 1/8th scale at a national level finshed 8th at the roar nationals in 1997 its been a few years but i still have all my 1/12th scale 4 cell and 1/10 th scale 2wd B3

I had a HPI RS4 3 SS. It was fun, and expensive.

1/8th 4wd is the last on road racing i did that was very $$$$$ it use to be the f1 of RC in the late 90s it use to cost me about $200 for a2 day race in the heart of america series use to race the serpent vector 9000

One of my friends used to have a traxxis slash, that thing was sick. He needed new tires every week. From a stop, with new tires, anything after 1/4 throttle and it would do a back flip. We passed a car on a big street with it one time. That lil think was a devil, now the charger broke and its just sitting there in the garage.

I've had tons of R/C's in the past.
HPI Rs4-3 type SS (went 62mph which was fast at the time)
HPI Rs4-3 RTR all carbon fibered out
3 HPI Savages
2 or 3 Traxxas T-maxx's
2 Traxxas Revo's
2 Losi LST's
Team Associated Team TC3 (went 60mph)
a few Ofna 1/8th buggies
Losi mini LST
HPI wheelie king converted to a crawler
A custom crawler built from an old Tamyia clod buster
A few old Associated RC10l pans cars

I'm probably forgetting a few I've had. I used to work in a hobby shop too. It was lots of fun until my friends stopped playing with them and I had nobody to run with anymore. I ended selling them all over the years.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back