The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who needs A CHERRY PICKER NOT ME !

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've also put the awd 2g tranny on the motor by lifting it off the ground while leaning over the fender. I also blew out a discs in my neck and back. And lost the use of my left arm for approx 6 months until I had the vertebrae fusion surgery. Just because you can... Doesn't mean you should.

I guess they breed gorillas in Maine.

Last edited:
Thats a permanent oil stain LOL. I drained everything before I pulled it the only spillage that happened was the coolant but its raining now so that will wash.:nono: i know its a no no. I caught most of all the fluids. I was shocked to find out that. there was only three bolts holding the timing cove on. and the balance shaft belt was freying. So off the the machine shop. .20 over. Anything else that should be done as a necessary precaution when building the engine? any things I need or need go with?LOL

I had the oh shittttt moment when the motor and trans slid off the jack

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Then theres me had to get this picture

I wish, I had those stands and dropped it down too. But Hey what are you gonna do when you aint got shit for tools. And the car isn't drivable, Needless to say its done and out and ready to be cleaned.

Lmfao, I would have to agree with this comment. Hopefully someone isn't smoking and throws the cigarette under the car or near that oil.
No shit. I think BP would actually be jealous of that one.

ROFL

It's all in fun, O.P.

impressive to say the least if you did do that by yourself.
did you?

Ratchet straps and a piece of huge square steel in the trusses. I couldn't borrow a hoist in time so I improvised. I now own a hoist.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought the hubby a hoist like 2 years ago as a "just because" present. he fussed so much about "i won't ever use it" yeah... we've taken multiple engines out. and i rub it in his face every time. "so much for that engine hoist you'll never use, eh?" :p

just go buy one!

Ratchet straps and a piece of huge square steel in the trusses. I couldn't borrow a hoist in time so I improvised. I now own a hoist.

LOL talk about ghetto, good improvising though

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea until that beam falls off and you get hurt.^

My friends and I used to use a tree in the back yard, it worked well and held up until most of us got cherry pickers. Don't underestimate the strength and girth of a nice chunk of wood.

so op you got axles in that thing? if not your gonna be enjoying the sweet sound of your wheel bearings when you get it going

My friends and I used to use a tree in the back yard, it worked well and held up until most of us got cherry pickers. Don't underestimate the strength and girth of a nice chunk of wood.

:sneaky:

I just put in my motor with the help of my 3 friends. We just lifted it and hung it on a support fixture :D

No trees to use. No garage or beams . I pulled it out by myself ,and the half shafts are still in. You can accually unbolt the engine from the trans and not have to take anything else apart. The e brake keeps it centered. Needless to say its all good with you guys comments but come on now. As I. Explained before I did what I had to do. Of course I need one to install it back in by that time I will have one I ain't rich and am doing what I can I got kids and they come first it ain't my parking LOL as explained before that oil slick was already there. I'M glad y'all got a laugh about this just shows peopl accually acknowledge things that others do for them selves and others are privledged to have access to the proper equipment. Unlike me who dosen't care bout the negative I accomplished and engine pull out of an awd without a hoist by myself . To call me a gorilla is a compliment just means I'm strong and half stupid LOL . Keep em coming haters LOLs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back