The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Who loves wiring? Not me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig13

Proven Member
Mar 25, 2020
Surprise, Arizona
97 GS-T. I have been unf*@$ing all of the wiring on my car that I discovered when I tore everything down. I have everything figured out so far except these two wires hanging down under the steering column. The colors are yellow with blue strip and white with blue stripe. They attach to a harness that has a red and yellow wire on the other end that have spade connectors on the end but are not connected to anything. I have spent countless hours in the wiring manual and cannot figure out what they are supposed to be for. ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I might be able to help, but I need more pictures.

This is my 99 GSX harnes, the unplugged connector hanging goes to the clutch.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is that the wires for the top dash speaker..maybe they've been unplugged and the wiring fell down because there's a push clip zipped to the wiring where it would mount up somewhere and to me it looks very similar to the harness that comes out the dash when you pull out the dash speakers..sorry for long msg just trying to help figure it out

If they are speaker wires, you can test that theory by touching the ends of the wires to a 9volt battery and see if the speaker "pops".

Also, you can bust out the volt meter to check when (if) they have power (key on, car started, etc).

Did it go to a speaker Jason?
Thanks for the backup picture :thumb:
Marty

Holy crap! I never got a notification that I had gotten replies to this thread so I hadn't checked it until today. Thanks for all the help!

So it is not the clutch sensor as that is still plugged in on my car. It looks identical to what JPenny pulled from his dash speaker the wires are just different colors. I could swear that mine was plugged in but I will check today and see. If that's not the problem then I will take more pics and post. Thanks again for all the help!

It is definitely the driver side dash speaker. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Now on to trying to sort out why my headlights don't turn off.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back