The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who here has been to amsterdam

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Royalty

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2004
norfolk, Virginia
I'm planning a trip to amserdam for next year.
I have found some tix for under $400-roundtrip, so its looking like full steam ahaead.

For those who have been i have a few questions to ask you.

"I'm goin in march what kind of weather should i expect?

How much $$ should I bring for and expect to pay for "local greens" :D

Where are good places to stay?

and any other gen info you can think of."

I was stationed in England so i know not to act like a sterotypical american while over there.

thanks a bunch. :D :rolleyes:

I've been there, but it was in June/July. I'm actually going over to Germany in March, I'll probably take a day or two to head back over there to Amsterdam. For weather, think about 10-15 degrees below what you're used to for that time of year. So, bring a warm coat. I made the mistake of not bringing one when I was there in July, and it was only in the 50s, and rainy.

Do a search for Amsterdam Coffeeshops on the 'net and you'll find the menus & pricelists, etc. I'd suggest a tourguide book or two, they do a good job in pointing out all of the good local places to go. Checkout the Hip Travel Guide Online here:
http://www.hiptravelguide.com/amsterdam/php/index.php

My favorite Coffeeshop that I got the chance to try out was called Homegrown Fantasy - their website is pretty well laid out and gives a virtual tour of the place. Their drinks and food are as good as their greens ;-)

Really, there are too many places to stay to say which ones are better or not - you can show up and not have a place to stay, but they have a place in the Amsterdam Centraal Station where you can get a room in no-time - there are also other people offering lofts and whatnot that will show you pictures of the place, and a price per night. Me and two friends of mine got a third story loft for about 35-40 Euro/nite, and then there are the Hostels where you can just get yourself a bed to sleep in, along with essentials, and maybe breakfast for like 20 Euro/nite.

Hope that helps some, have a nice trip :cool:

see thats the kinda info i'm lookin for. and from a VA guy no less. Thnaks man

HokieDSM said:
I've been there, but it was in June/July. I'm actually going over to Germany in March, I'll probably take a day or two to head back over there to Amsterdam. For weather, think about 10-15 degrees below what you're used to for that time of year. So, bring a warm coat. I made the mistake of not bringing one when I was there in July, and it was only in the 50s, and rainy.

Do a search for Amsterdam Coffeeshops on the 'net and you'll find the menus & pricelists, etc. I'd suggest a tourguide book or two, they do a good job in pointing out all of the good local places to go. Checkout the Hip Travel Guide Online here:
http://www.hiptravelguide.com/amsterdam/php/index.php

My favorite Coffeeshop that I got the chance to try out was called Homegrown Fantasy - their website is pretty well laid out and gives a virtual tour of the place. Their drinks and food are as good as their greens ;-)

Really, there are too many places to stay to say which ones are better or not - you can show up and not have a place to stay, but they have a place in the Amsterdam Centraal Station where you can get a room in no-time - there are also other people offering lofts and whatnot that will show you pictures of the place, and a price per night. Me and two friends of mine got a third story loft for about 35-40 Euro/nite, and then there are the Hostels where you can just get yourself a bed to sleep in, along with essentials, and maybe breakfast for like 20 Euro/nite.

Hope that helps some, have a nice trip :cool:

in march..why not come in may..the tracks are open..the ring is open too..im sure that i and my other dsm buddies here will be happy to show u a good track day!

which part o germany u going to visit??

I've got family in Erlangen - and that's where I'll be going. My mom & grandmother (who I'm going with) have business to do up there, and they paid for my ticket there - so I'm not one to refuse a free airfare :)

I'll be over there for about 10 days, over two weekends I'll be somewhat busy but during the week I've got some time to travel around.

HokieDSM said:
I've got family in Erlangen - and that's where I'll be going. My mom & grandmother (who I'm going with) have business to do up there, and they paid for my ticket there - so I'm not one to refuse a free airfare :)

I'll be over there for about 10 days, over two weekends I'll be somewhat busy but during the week I've got some time to travel around.
Take some pics man. I love Germany, maybe its because I'm ~95% German :) . Seriously though Germany has everything Cars,the Autobahn,Women,Food,Scenery you name it.

What I wouldn't do for some Amsterdam clones...

I hope you have a nice trip ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back