The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who here can get me bill gates personal phone number?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah, SOPA didn't pass, though they're trying again. DHS has claws in everything, but do you think they have the infrastructure Google does?

Nope.

I don't have any problems with gmail/security. My shit has never been hacked? Sure email related adds can get annoying but thats why you use a client instead of their webmail.

Privacy and security are two different things (well for the most part). You may not get hacked with gmail, but why would they need to with Google mining all your information. Beyond getting to technical and gov spying and etc. Just from simply using youtube, them basically forcing you to sign up for G+ and then gmail, and trying to tie it all together and get a personal name on the account (when my youtube name was perfectly fine forever) /endrant

CISPA still has two more hops. Please reference the last paragraph and this educational documentary:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otbml6WIQPo]Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law - YouTube[/ame]

:p

Eh, I'm almost over this, still a little pissed but whatever. My new policy is to never buy another microsoft product, I will just get burned/pirated os from where ever I can find it (usually from a family member who is has a degree in computer science or something to that effect).

As for email I'll just pick up a domain name and use that if I'm going to be providing all my info.

Oh, yahoo is doing the same thing now too. Ten minutes ago I went to create a new email account with them and they were asking for a phone number right on the first page.

Oh and for good measure since someone brought them into this discussion, I would just like the nsa to know that all of them who work there can suck my big balls.

Last edited:
Im COMPTIA A+ certified and ACMT certified in smow leopard (expired now) and i gotta say apple is actually alot better than microsoft for the AVERAGE user in terms of reliability, simplicity, navigability and has far less maintenance costs, yes you pay more up front, but not in the long run.

Then again the only reason mac's arent really targeted for malware is due to the market share difference.

In my 2 years as A Computer tech (quit a year ago)i cant tell you how many windows machines i have cleaned malware and viruses out of. Mac? Maybe 1

I wont get into either companies corporate structure though, thats a whole nother' can o worms.

But you said it yourself, the only thing that "protects" apple computers from malware is there incredibly small market share and not the computer itself. Yes windows, takes a bit more maintenance and know how but so does a dsm when compared to a civic. Spend the time and enjoy the benefits.

But you said it yourself, the only thing that "protects" apple computers from malware is there incredibly small market share and not the computer itself. Yes windows, takes a bit more maintenance and know how but so does a dsm when compared to a civic. Spend the time and enjoy the benefits.

Yeah i know what i said about the market share? Anyone with the knowledge could hack into probably where ever they want mac or otherwise. I wouldn't compare windows to a dsm though.

I didn't say apple was godly, theres things about both i hate, but unix is superior to windows in many ways. Point is macs have less issues, and most issues mac users do have are user error. Its just my experence.

Oh, yahoo is doing the same thing now too. Ten minutes ago I went to create a new email account with them and they were asking for a phone number right on the first page.
:rolleyes: Do you still not understand that this is a tool to recover breached/compromised accounts? IDGAF who has my phone number, but I do care about my identity.

Man that killed me. Right in the childhood. LOL
Sir you are my internet hero for the day.

-Michael

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok so post up your phone number then. Over fifteen years with hotmail never once did I have any problems with breach or anything else. Why the sudden change?

Lol, how is someone going to steal ones identity by hacking into their email? Do you have all your most personal info in your email account?

BaaaAaAaaaaAaaa

I have been in the industry well over 20 years. My MCSE dates back to Windows NT 3.51 and honestly this thread is silly. I support both platforms and have for years since many of my clients do things like graphics design, type setting, car wraps, embroidery, silk screening and the like.

In the last six months infections have risen on the MAC a couple hundred percent. Enjoy your theoretical safety and don't bother keeping your machine in decent working order and the same thing can and will happen.

Hotmail was written by MS, Gates has been retired for ever, etc... just to many things presented as facts when they were indeed incorrect. This was mostly just venting about losing a crappy email provider. As far as anonymity goes. You should just give up on that. As a matter of fact the even the TOR network was compromised just weeks before going live.

FBI admits what we all suspected: It compromised Freedom Hosting’s Tor servers | Ars Technica

Ok so post up your phone number then.
Stupid. Doing that won't help me recover my account, unless you manage Hotmail/LIVE security, in which case, you should be polishing up your resume.
Over fifteen years with hotmail never once did I have any problems with breach or anything else. Why the sudden change?
Today's threats aren't even the same as the ones we saw YESTERDAY. Are cars built the same way they were 15 years ago? Try to keep up.
Lol, how is someone going to steal ones identity by hacking into their email? Do you have all your most personal info in your email account?
How are you not acting on behalf of a person if you are able to send/receive/etc from their email? Think about it before launching into any more baseless points. I can have a password reset for my bank sent to my email, so if you are pretending to be me, so can you.
BaaaAaAaaaaAaaa
Indeed. Buying into a mindless, thoughtless "conspiracy" is indeed sheepish and ignorant. At least you speak the language.

Sincerely,
Someone who does security work every day (CISSP/Sec+)

So you will eagerly give your phone number to a corporation that will probably use it for something other than what they claim, but you won't post your number up on the forum? Lol

Who said anything about conspiracies? Not me. I said, I believe that providing my phone number in order to log into the same email account Ive had for over fifteen years does not provide me with more security. Go back to third grade language arts and brush up on your comprehension.

BaaaAaaAaaa

So you will eagerly give your phone number to a corporation that will probably use it for something other than what they claim, but you won't post your number up on the forum? Lol

Who said anything about conspiracies? Not me. I said, I believe that providing my phone number in order to log into the same email account Ive had for over fifteen years does not provide me with more security. Go back to third grade language arts and brush up on your comprehension.

BaaaAaaAaaa
Assumptions, assumptions, ironic shot at someone's prose, assumptions...

Did I miss anything?

Releasing my phone number to these folks LESSENS my personal security, and offers no benefit. I know it's difficult for simpletons to grasp, but maybe someone could help you through this "brain teaser". Ask around.

I can PROVE the use of having multiple methods of account recovery. You just have weak correlations, and a sheep joke laden with irony. What are your qualifications in Information Security? No, guarding the "7 herbs and spices" in the Colonel's recipe doesn't count. I'd ask about common sense, but that is obviously an uncommon trait.

Let me know if you need anything else spoon-fed to you about IT, or life in general. I'm always here to help.

More negative results from asshole microsoft that are now being realized. All my passwords that were in my email account can no longer be retrieved. I thought of this earlier when I tried to log on to another forum from a computer that I typically don't use and I realized I don't know my password off hand because the computer that I do typically use has the password information saved (check box that says keep me logged in or save password info).

Having realized this I went to my daily computer and brought up that forum website, went to my user account control panel to change my password to something easy to remember but was faced with needing to know my original password in order to change to the new one. Thing is, I cannot log into my email to retrieve my original password, unless of course I provide a working phone number to microsoft so I can access my email account. Those ####heads are causing more problems to people than they know in the name of "security". Reminds me of an increasing police state under the false pretense of providing "security" to the sheep that willingly give up privacy.

I guess it's not that big a deal that I have to abandon another account that I have had over fifteen years in the name of keeping my email "secure".

Sounds like you're blaming technology for poor practices and a bad memory.

"They're out to get me" should be replaced by "I can't perform basic tasks".

I like discussing technology, though. :) User habits are an added bonus.

Yup, I'm pretty sure he retired about a decade ago LOL. Microsoft may not be amazing but...
Apple=overpriced=hipster=shitty=communism=sheeple

People bi*** about getting their accounts getting stolen and then bi*** about supplying more info to online services. :banghead:

Gmail + Geary + Ubuntu = Freakin awesome! :hellyeah:

Yup, I'm pretty sure he retired about a decade ago LOL. Microsoft may not be amazing but...
Apple=overpriced=hipster=shitty=communism=sheeple

I'm trying to figure out your math here how overpriced = communism = sheeple?

Apple is the epitome of capitalism. Your personal derision for "hipster" products (this coming from someone who drives an Audi A4(An overpriced Volkswagen)) aside, I think you need to work on your math a lot more.

I'd say free software (eg Linux) is more akin to "communism" than something that's "overpriced"?

Beyond the communism I'd say he was pretty accurate.

Sidebar, we have now gone from E-mail, to national security, to bickering about who is more intelligent with tech, do fighting over apple vs communism, fascinating thread.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back