The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Who else is down right now??? MERGED

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2 clutch springs came out and tried to eat my aluminum flywheel. 2 weeks down while I waranty the clutch from Competition Clutch. Got a new disc from them :thumb: , and the cheap bastards gave me my old p/p. :notgood: less then 5k on it tho.

Bad coil pack 2 weeks down, and now a possibly blown HG!

My TSI is down due to a balance shaft belt snapping and taking out the timing belt with it. I put it back togather and over tourqed the cam bearing cap. It's been down for 2 months and will b for fanother week. :notgood:

1sick91tsi said:
hey guys my cars been out of commision for about 2 weeks now, still dont know whats wrong, so tired of driving the jeep cherokee..... so slow...to high....no boost.....no fun :thumbdown so who else is morning the loss of thier dsm right now and why lets here some stories. :thumb:
yep I could not figure out what the vibration and loss of power were from-changed the turbo-checked compression-good/changed the timing belt again. then the second time I pulled the pan I found the balance shaft bearing on the bottom of the pan. I guess the first time I pulled the pan the bearing was still around the shaft but loose.

Mindgame said:
Well i feel a little bit better after reading this.Im having a simple clutch job and t-belt replaced on my 95 TSI AWD. Evry 2 hours i get a call that everything else is falling apart. My axles are fused into my hubs.My ball jionts are falling apart,and luckly i had this done now because my transfer case had almost no fluid in it. And to much body work to list.
Not so bad though my G/F lets me drive her N/T Talon. No boost :toobad:
I hope after all the $$$$$$ im spending,hopefully when i drive it ill get that smile back on my face

Well after many ovetime hours and still paying to fix it, i found out my crank is walking.
Never thought it was gonna happen to me. Now im just sorting through my options on what to do. :toobad:

:notgood: to who thought of the idea to make the 7bolt crank

I also found my rear balance shaft bearing in my pan. This is happening to alot of people. Its because people are doing the timing belt wrong, they get the oil pump mark out of phase and causes too much vibration and it then eats the bearing. Time to get rid of those balance shafts!

this will be one of the longest threads... how sad...

okay my 2g got hit (was hit and run, thx good no one was in the car)
then a little later my headgasket blew, and the waterbunb is done too! so right now i'm parting out... and maybe friday i will buy a 1ga AWD :D:D:D:D:D:D:D happy :p

Well its been down for about 2 moths :notgood: , it was knocking so hard it wouldn't even stay running. Spun a bearing, and have been having a few clutch and idle problems. So I've saved up some money, and I'm shipping it off to a shop in the next week to get a built 6-bolt, new turbo, trans rebuilt, dsm link, camber kit, and a shit load of other goodies. I can't wait to get it back. :thumb: :rocks:

Both of mine are running great. Knock on wood. :shhh:

After having the Eclipse down for a couple of months last year I found the only way to garentee that you will driving a DSM 12 months a year is to have a 1A & 1B car. :p

I've been down since last year, due to crankwalk. So, treating every broken part as an opportunity to upgrade, a 2.4L g4cs with a new crank and custom 9:1 Wiseco pistons set on Oliver billet rods is on it's way, ready to be mated up to a ported Evo III manifold with an FP 3052. A DV/DT intake will be providing air, and his intercooler will be cooling it, blowing through a 3" GM MAF with MAF translator. From there, a cyclone intake manifold dumping into a ported 1g head with COMP101300 cams and pretty heavily upgraded valvetrain. The fuel system is getting an overhaul too; a Denso (Supra) pump filling a -8AN feed line, running to a Paxton 10 micron filter, then -10AN line to a Victory Performance fuel rail feeding FIC 950s. From there, it's -10AN to the Paxton fuel pressure regulator, and a -6AN return line to the tank. DSMLink was in last year for fuel and timing control, and it's staying. For safety, an '90 oil filter housing and oil cooler, upgraded power steering cooler, and AccuSump are going on as well. So I won't be changing clutch discs all the time, I went with a Devotuning/Quartermaster twin-disc clutch (with 7.25" chromoly flywheel). Oh, and in-cabin boost control with an HKS EVC EZ II.

All that for a few worn main bearings. What the hell was I thinking? :p At least we've had the 1g to drive all this time...

Well both my DSMs are dead..

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
replacement motor needed and new axles and just about everything else, its just an empty engine bay just waiting to be put back together..hopefully I can remember how it all goes in....

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS
Pfft not much to say here.. a week ago I was driving down road to my house and then smoke followed by car shutting off and I go to look at my only 20k miles on my timing belt that is now somehow melted and split down the middle..my friend jumped into my car and it backfired and shut it down..maybe I didnt bend any valves..probably did since I done it before..other than that new longblock with turbo kit hopefully whenever I get some cash flow going.

my 92 laser n/t has been down and out since 2/27/5. i still don't know what was cause and what was effect, but i had an intake cam retarded 14+ degrees, 8 really bent intake valves, 8 slightly bent exhaust valves, 16 broken valve guides, and a balance shaft belt that looked like it had exploded. so while i'm sitting in my buddies garage remembering that i just did a full top end rebuild not 6 months before due to a valve that wasn't sealing, i started to think that this would be a great time to upgrade a few things. so my imagination started running while my wallet started to open.

i'll not bore you guys will all the details, but here are the parts i've assembled so far:

port & polish head
ported intake manifold
bored g4cs block (not sure how far over yet, guy at the machine shop won't be able to mess with it until next week. this is being done out of necesity, not because i wanted to)
b/s eliminator kit
turbo injectors + resistor pack
turbo fuel pump
aluminum pulley set

i won't get a chance to work on it until i get done with college and all my motor parts get in. once i start putting everything together i am going to be upgrading the fuel system so that motor can survive without boost.

safc
high flow fuel rail
adjustable fpr
all braided fuel lines

i hope i can have my car back on the road by mid to late june. remember how i said i've opened up my wallet? well the money has been pouring out to keep this project moving. i've spent over $1500 all ready on this project. and that's not including the machine work and the new pistons that i'm going to need to fit into the freshly bored cylinders. when it's all said and done i think i'll have spent $2000-2500. i only paid $1600 for the damn car! it's frickin crazy what love will do to you. it'll be a beast though.

i think once i've completed this project i'll start saving for a turbo. i'm either going to buy a 1gb gsx/gst/tsi and start swapping parts over, or i'm going to turbo charge the car i have. either way, it'll be fun.

in the mean time i've been driving an extremely base line 97 cavalier. what a p.o.s.! but i just picked up a 76 suzuki gt750. it needs a little work to get running, but it'll be better than driving around that stupid cavalier.

mechanic did my timing belt job, a week later the timing belt sherds to pieces. now i think im commin up with a free engine, from the idiot mechanic!!! :thumb:

2 Weeks ago I lost 3rd and 4th fixed it and put tranny back in, drovr for 1 week now the throwout bearing locked up. I hope after thursday (put the tranny back in) she will quit breaking!

1991 eclipse 1.8 n/t blew head gasket... this is the second motor that's been in this car...... too much of a pain so i bought a 1999 eclipse gst!!!!

Lets just say that who ever caught my rod needs to give it back now!!!

my car was down for a day when the connector fell out of the starter.... had to tow cracked front bumper

then car was down for about 5 days with a seized clutch, ended up being the slave cylidner and English stardard measurement clutch cables. whom ever put those in there should be shot. Had to tow, this time called a flat bed and said to bring ramps

Cars running great here no problems. recent fixed minor stuff: leaking trans axle seal, leaking radiator plug. a boost leak (just needed to tighten stuff up)... actully thats all that's happend in the last year. not so bad

Well my DSM is down also. I just finished building my new motor (check profile), and now i am doing it again. To start, the car ran great with a t3 t4, but it just wasn't enough. I upgraded to a T70, and it just was too much. When I tried to finally put a t4 on, i took it out and KAAAAAABOOOOOOOOM, i spun allllllll my main bearings. WHAT THE F*$#. Soooo now i am trying to figure out WHY!!!!!!???? BUt anyway my AWD has gone bad, better luck to all of you, the red rocket will be back.

fwddsmturbo said:
Well my DSM is down also. I just finished building my new motor (check profile), and now i am doing it again. To start, the car ran great with a t3 t4, but it just wasn't enough. I upgraded to a T70, and it just was too much. When I tried to finally put a t4 on, i took it out and KAAAAAABOOOOOOOOM, i spun allllllll my main bearings. WHAT THE F*$#. Soooo now i am trying to figure out WHY!!!!!!???? BUt anyway my AWD has gone bad, better luck to all of you, the red rocket will be back.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO yeah, it only had 5 miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fwddsmturbo said:
OOOOOOOOOOOOO yeah, it only had 5 miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that knocking/preignition is nightmare for your bearings if your head gasket doesnt blow. But anyhow..THIS GUYs engine is built now :rocks: I'll post pics and let you know how final re-assembly/installation goes :D It should be nice :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back