The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who else is down right now??? MERGED

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All Frickin Right! Got my rebuilt ECU back, and it fired up on the first crank!

Who said DSM's aren't reliable? I've got 120K on my 91 GSX, and the ECU blow up was the FIRST time that this car had stranded me in 14 years. And, that was pretty much my fault for not knowing about the leaky capacitors and ignoring the symptoms.

Glad the 4x4 truck is now parked and "speedy" is back among the living!

Whoo Hooo Hoooooo!

Blown Head gasket the kid that had the car before me boosted the shit out of it and stretched the studs and blew the shit out of the gasket....

if anyone can tell me what other gaskets im gonna need durning this it will be much appreciated...

Thanks

Jay

speedracer91 said:
oil pump.... :cry:

What were the symptoms, what happened, and how did you diagnose that?

What was your oil pressure like before hand?

ngine still ok?

it has some oil pressure not sure cause the gauge is on its way out but i have alot of blow by and i checked all the other possible thing and the block looks ok ill have it out of the car by end of week i hope if it warms up here

just need to get a list of gaskets cause im doin a balance shaft removal and arp head studs and so forth i have search for a list and can not find one

thanks

Jay

Call Josh at JNZ Tuning . His BS elimination kit comes with all the parts + gaskets you'll need for the job.

Just tell him what you're doing and he'll get you what you need fast (he's the ex-parts guy from Connecelli so knows his shiz) :thumb:

BTW.. while in there be sure to also change out the Waterpump.

fastwaytech said:
What were the symptoms, what happened, and how did you diagnose that?

What was your oil pressure like before hand?

ngine still ok?

low oil pressure at idle and lower than normal while driving (still in the normal zone), dunno what happened, multiple shops told me, and my oil pressure was great before hand.

yea my engine is ok don't worry i'm not gonna have a repeat... :thumbdown

Shattered piston, running too lean (i learned a lesson tho)... melted the sparkplug and it impacted the piston and shattered it... ouch. EGT was pegged about 1600F but I was killin a prelude so I didnt stop :thumbdown ...

Brandon

fastwaytech said:
UPDATE: I got the crankshaft pulley/harmonic damper replaced. The 1G AWD has risen once again!

Everyone post when you get 'em back up again too!
:thumb:

You best bet hommie -G- funk :cool:

You don't want the list, Do you?

I guess so!

1. both bolts broke off flush in block that mount the drivers side axle carrier
2. broken bolt in crank pulley
3. timing cover utterly destroyed
4. balance shaft belt broke
5. timing belt frayed from #4
6. all front cv boots torn
7. lower rad. hose pinched
8. BPV connection removed off of stock accordian hose and filled in w/electrical tape
9. 2 body grounds disconnected
10. driver side tie rod end shot
11. rear caliper sliding pins rusted and worthless(1 completely broken)
12. no battery mount whatsoever
13. fuel gauge inoperative
14. metal fuel line at fuel tank fixed with rubber hose
15. rear shock towers bashed in (clearance for dorkwad sub box?)
16. rear plastic panels cut-out for #15
17. interior carpeting gone
18. door panels covered in red velour and white fabric (previous owner) have pics, leaving trim adhesive all over the place.
19. misc fuses removed like the auto seatbelts and headlights hmm.. guess he didn't those unimportant features of the car :rolleyes:
20. glovebox cut-out for ps2 install (i found the a/v cord strung through the dash)

I will leave the list there, but there is more, and let me say that i just got the car, so i am looking forward to fixing all the previous owners mistakes(any part he touched), and i will post pics of the car, so we, as a community can find the owner who did this work, and get him the help he needs.

Crank finally walked after 182k miles. To make things worse, it happened during the Solo2 National Tour in Arkansas . . .

My car is down again. Went to start it today and it won't crank at all. I'm hoping it's just the starter or starter relay but it's raining out so I'll check it out tomorrow. It sucks cause I needed to go to Milwaukee today to get a intake manifold gasket to replace so I can try to pass emissions before my DL is suspended.

My GSX has been down for a while now. I bought it not starting a while ago, and it's still not running. I have never driven it. :(

For now I'm driving the GS-T.

NEVERending Project TSi

Out of the whole year i've had it only drove it for a month and a half! Power steering problems, fully leaking turbo(turbine side), snapped timing belt, four broken valves, one hole in piston #1! Been down for the last 6 months...being put back together VERY slowly, needs more time, more money and more parts! :talon:

Mine 90 awd will be down today, It's time for the 60k mile maintanance.. Timing belt, Water pump, Full tune up etc. I also just ordered and will be installing today : Act2600, Act streetlite flywheel, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, metal shifter base bushings and some other little stuff, Possibly a b16g I have laying here, I don't want to mod this one as much. It was down the other day cause I put on a full 3" Apex'i turbo back exhaust. :)

Mines down from a demolished engine harness. It's been down for a year. I finally have it and it's getting put back together. :thumb:

95 gsx down for rear end damage, no turbo, no intercooler, no associated piping (intercooler pipes) no exhaust manifold, no exhaust from the cat back... no headlights or tail lights, lacking a rear bumper... that's all... but it was cheap and had a lot of upgrades I would have ended up doing anyway... soo I saved a grip on mods, and just have to get the rest of the parts together... I should have it running before June *crosses fingers*

Meh987 said:
My GSX has been down for a while now. I bought it not starting a while ago, and it's still not running. I have never driven it. :(

For now I'm driving the GS-T.

I feel you, I've never driven mine either.... hell, my sister's had more behind the wheel time becauase we needed someone light to sit in it while we pushed it off the trailer and to stop it once we got it down...

My freaking car has been down for the past 4 months or so now :( I cant take it anymore!! I was completely redoing the interior and i slacked off so it's taken alot longer than I anticipated. Fortunately though it will be done soon, I'm aiming at this weekend and in about a week it'll probably be down for a week/end or so, so I can install all of my engine stuff and rims when I get around to ordering it this week :thumb:

marcmsj said:
mine was down for a couple of hours yesterday. there was coolant gushing everywhere in the engine bay. found out later it was one of the heater hoses... fixed that in about 20 minutes ROFL

Been down 3x in past couple weeks :cry:

1.) Cap on my coolant return popped off effectively puking 1gal of coolant all over the hot engine bay (note to self zip-ties are not good for everything)
2.) T-Bolt clamp not tightened and IC hose popped off.. and had removed my tools from the car earlier that day :(
3.) Intermittant MAF CEL which likely due to #1 soaking my 2G MAS to 1G wiring harness connection. Think it's good now.

DSMs making Dumb mechanics Smarter Mechanincs for over 15 years :dsm:

I bought mine a little over a month ago, and it has been down at least 2 weeks of that time. It has 70k miles on it, and the timing belt stripped teeth off, bent 2 valves...and my stock cams were messed up in the journals. The entire topend of the engine is new, and various other parts are new. The latest problem was my turbo... :( I hope things get better, considering this car is supposed to be my beater :coy:

mines down for about 2 weeks now. let my buddy drive it. now i have no 1st or 2nd gears. :mad: just waiting on timefor me to drop the trans and put a new shift fork in it. while im in there im going to put a act flywheel on it .

160k miles tunup, 3 months so far... :sosad:
-engine
-new T-belts, pulleys, water pump (all OEM)
-new control arms, new links (OEM)
-new springs
-new exhaust (headers, and rusted parts)
-AC r12 to r134a (+new dryer)
-new clutch; release cylinder is leaking..
-new water/vacuum hoses
-radiator fan seized, need to replace before summer
-need a different tranny, i'm not rebuilding mine 3rd time. Will wait till gears fly out so i can throw it through the mechanic's F150 winshield
-"minor" body work, will get a new paint
-other misc interior/exterior pieces that go at this milage (OEM)

Alright, time for fancy ramen noodles breakfast. Should I make 2 or should I save one for lunch.. hmm... :thumb:

Attachments

• DSC00349.JPG
    DSC00349.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 250
ha ha ha Rad i love the pic. Although mines not much better at least i have my front bumbper on right now. Here is my sob story. Around September my valves were pinning like i was making popcorn or somtin. So what did i decide to do. Goto the junk yard and pick up a used head so the machine shop could play with it. However what happened on the way to the junk yard. I decided to follow one of those new Tiburons out the interstate, we were doing like 100 for about 30 miles or so, lots of fun. Anyways I almost reach the exit for the junk yard and what happens. Engine blows!!! :cry: So over winter break i tor out my old motor, in December, and took it to the machine shop the first week of January. However i still don't have my engine back. :mad: He says it'll be done this week so maybe within a week or so I'll be running again. :D We'll see

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back