The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who else is down right now??? MERGED

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heres mine currently Im changing a few things, but getting closer to the end. I just can't seem to make my mind up on things. I will get something perfect then decide to do something else..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Galil said:
Heres mine currently Im changing a few things, but getting closer to the end. I just can't seem to make my mind up on things. I will get something perfect then decide to do something else..

Must be a tough life!
:p

My 90 GSX is down due to a shredding counter balance shaft belt. Bye bye shafts... Hello overhaul...

Water pump, I think there are some internal damages done to the car but I haven't exactly gotten one of my friends to check it out for sure. It has been down for a long time and the last quote I got for fixing it was $500 from Pep Boys..... :thumbdown . I've been driving my Stratus ever since and if I also remember, I need to get a new front axle, timing belt, a new wheel so and the car has over 150k miles on it before it went down.

My is down my radiator cracked it was leaking fluid went to the local radiator shop the hooked me up with a new one with plastic end tanks and aluminum core for $98. So I am taking this down time to upgrade my 02 housing as well :thumb:

:talon:

93 AWD is down: seperated crank pulley and jumped timing, looks like it should be ok.

Mine has been down for awhile, spun a bearing and I just went through a rebuild. Actually, after about a few months of torture I finally fired that beotch up Saturday evening...but it was still sitting on jack stands....below was a picture taken Saturday afternoon in the pre-start up stage. Hopefully I'll be able to fire up the track soon.

Attachments

• CRW_4002.jpg
    CRW_4002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 305
pr0 said:
car was hit yesterday, woman backed into it OMG lucky she left her info on my wiper. When I got home I was like WTF :confused:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and its going into the shop for a rebuild (pistions, rings, rods, bearing, etc) after the body gets repaired again (New fender, new bumper, paint, etc) so I can throw on the HRC turbo kit :cool:

did we get hit by the same person..just last friday I got nailed in the driver side fender just about the same amount of damage done to it..and I just bought and eagle Talon TSI AWD that needs fixing at the same time so I dont know what to do first...plus I found out that same fender was wrecked before and has a bunch of bondo hanging off it :dsm:

both the 95 gst and the 95 talon are out right now(but thats how i got them they both need rebuilds) and the '03 Evo is a no go after a run in with a deer last night :thumbdown

my gst has been down for about 3 days now(spun bearing).....gonna get it machined and upgrade parts

My talon has been in the storage bay for so long that the battery won't hold a charge. I've got new springs, shocks, camber adjust kits, turbo, intake tube, and an intercooler on the way ... as soon as I can break down and force myself to buy another damn battery.

Mines down put it on the ramps to put a piece of the intercooler pipe on... only i didnt notice it was low on gas...tried to start it on the ramps = either bad fuel pump or bad fuel filter :( beem down for a week :talon:

Mine has been down for 5 months and drove it for 1 month. tranny rebuilt, new slave, new clutch, wont shift but into 3rd, other gears don't grind when i try to put them in but won't go into gear.

blown headgasket, blown radiator, cracked head...down since october...too cold in NY to fix it so im waiting til warm weather

My Talon has been down for quite some time now :barf: It just sits in my driveway without an engine right now. Its getting a re-rebuild, this time it SHOULD be right. The last machine shop I took it to the shitheads half-assed my rebuild for me :mad: So as a result my bearing got chewed up with metal particles inside the oil holes in the crank. They didnt check for clearance with my pistons either :mad: As a result of that, I had piston slap that would sound like rod knock, or it would sound like nails in a glass jar depending on the rpms :barf: I must admit, i also played a small part in it by not doing the balance shaft removal properly OMG Either way Mitch at www.engintecs.com said the motor was trash after the rebuild because of shitty worksmanship. So now im looking at an entire new rotating assembly and a .040 bore now :mad: All I want is my DSM back.. :cry: WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO ME..WHY :cry: :talon:

The shit hole machine shop I took my head to screwed up and the valve seals are leaking 1500 miles later. Cars not down but smokes and is annoying to drive :(

My '95 is down but has been for the week I've owned it :p It needs a new motor and it'll be happy.

My Talon got hit in the right rear quarter panel in August (bad but still drivable), a month later all the tranny fluid leaked out the left axle hole.

So I bought an SRT-4 to replace it :thumbdown and realized that I missed DSM's too much.

The SRT-4 is now designated as my full-time beater while I send the old Talon to the graveyard and look for my new all-race DSM to build (I'm doing a lot of planning and research now)!!

wow all these terrible stories...

mines just in the garage until spring comes.
snow and sport tires = bad combination.

so for now i'm driving a shit-box plymouth acclaim. :cry:

hopefully i have about a month left, cross our fingers.

falcone4g63 said:
my daily driver, 91 talon awd, went down this monday and i think its major. i have a knock box and my car has a major pk problem. so i was driving to work and every time it touched the gas knock shot up to 43 so i got pissed after about 5 min of tap tap tapping the gas and said " ok you want to drive like that? fine." so i floored it and about ten seconds later it died and wouldnt start. i think i might have hydrolocked it fom too much gas going into the motor and no spark. the timing went below 1 and into the 50's. oh well i have another 6 bolt block and now i have a winter project.

now thats the way your supposed to do it..... show'em whose boss!! :thumb:
i did that with my lancer 77' L type

I might as well chime in. Drivers-side front tire blew at 75mph on the freeway sunday. If you saw a silver eclipse with RS wheels on the side of the 101 southbound driving through scottsdale --that was me :cry: Ripped up my wheel well cover thing pretty good too. heh, that wasnt much fun trying to keep it in the lane. DSM is down because driving with the donut feels like driving on 3 wheels. maybe ill take a pic if I find my camera.

A year and 3 months ago I got a great deal on a 91' Talon Tsi Awd. :thumb: It didn't run, it had been abused, but I was going to fix it "The right way" :rolleyes: .040 over blueprint, balance, port & polish head, Three angle valve job, etc. Tore the block down, ported and polished the head, got my new pistons. and My wifes Brand New 2004 Toyota Celica GT blew the engine With less than 30,000 miles on it. OMG Wait, it gets better! My wife wasn't driving it, I was (she was out of state). Of course the dealer said "I was racing it", I wasn't. After serious bitching to Toyota Corporate they graciously agreed to replace the engine. Well, we get the car back. And to this day I can't figure out how they managed to run over the front bumper, which they tried to fix with RVT! :laugh: Also, It was leaking oil, missing many important fasteners that in time were likely cause engine/transaxel failure, Timing way off, and other annoying blemishes . It went back to Toyota a few more times, where I was called a liar. Too bad I had data logs, and photo's to prove I was right. :p So we bought an RSX-S. Needless to say, my car fund was killed. :cry: Anyway, my car is in FL and I'm in Phoenix, AZ. And I should be back to it, with money in about 3 months, so I can put it together and drive it for the first time.

fastwaytech said:
Harmonic balancer/crankshaft pulley.......

UPDATE: I got the crankshaft pulley/harmonic damper replaced. The 1G AWD has risen once again!

Everyone post when you get 'em back up again too!
:thumb:

well, mine just went down.... :thumbdown i blew up the old 14b...i had a feeling it was gonna go soon...oh well time to upgrade! i'm picking up a evo3 b16g and 550's from my buddy for cheap, and i just bought a safc today....yay! hopefully i'll have it up and running again within the next couple weeks....

krazywhitboy said:
well, mine just went down.... :thumbdown i blew up the old 14b...i had a feeling it was gonna go soon...oh well time to upgrade! i'm picking up a evo3 b16g and 550's from my buddy for cheap, and i just bought a safc today....yay! hopefully i'll have it up and running again within the next couple weeks....

So you have a 2G w/a 14B that just went out? Or do you also own a 1G?
:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back