The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who else is down right now??? MERGED

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Head Gasket blew out, theres a leak in the power steering, my tachometer doesnt work, and the wiring is horrible. driving a honda in the mean time. I only had the car for 2 weeks. :cry:

Lost compression in cylinder #3 the other night. Only vehicle too :(

Car is down for at least the next few weeks. I am getting rid of the surface rust underneath with sandpaper, a wire brush and POR-15. Doing this job while the car is on jack stands sucks, a lift would be soooo nice!

I'm down. Major head gasket failure @ 7600rpm going up a steep hill at full boost. It never pushed coolant or any warning signs, it just grenaded. Engine bay covered in coolant, back of the car covered in an oily coolant mix.

Awesome.

HKS 1.6mm, L19s, and 170* T-stat are on the way. Woot!

Lost compression in cylinder #3 the other night. Only vehicle too :(

Oh no.

I'd bet this is related to all the knock issues you were having... :confused:

Mine is down but just because of the winter and the new build for 2011 which I need to stop being lazy and go work on it but I hate the damn cold!

I'm down because of my own stupidity. I accidentally drilled through my stock fuel line and had to order a new fuel line kit from STM. now just waiting for stuff to show. She''ll be down for a week minimum :(

Oh no.

I'd bet this is related to all the knock issues you were having... :confused:

I could be or it could be a piston that just wasn't as strong as the others. If I need to get 4 new ones perhaps I'll switch over to 2618 alloy pistons as they can take more abuse.

Dunno though.

I really wish I had the logger going at that time. Any time I saw my CEL go (2*+ timing pull) I would get off the gas and be able to get back on it with no timing pull. That coupled with a DO10 meth nozzle *should* have been safe. But since there is no log I won't know what happened until the leak down test is performed and internals inspected.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back