The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

White Smoke

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990EclipseGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 7, 2003
Angel Fire, New_Mexico
I just installed a 3" Doug's Dyno Power Downpipe, Testpipe, and Exhaust, and a 2G ported manifold. When I started my car back up smoke whitish smoke started to come out of the top of the new exhaust manifold. does anybody know what this is from?

It could just be residual stuff (oil, grease, fluid) burning off from the install. It should burn off after a few minutes of driving. If not, then you might have a leak somewhere...

ok, so no more smoke coming out of the manifold, but now the exhaust is producing a thin white smoke whenever the engine at any RPM's above idle. does this mean that i need to replace the head gasket?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back