The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Whining noise when neutral 95 2g A/t

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geclipse

Probationary Member
Jul 30, 2021
Manila, Asia
Hi Guys!

Can you guys help me, after driving for at least 20-30 mins, my 95'2g will suddenly jerk hard while downshifting and it will have a hard time and jerks while going to 2nd and 1st gear vice versa I need to turn off the keys and run it again to be able to move again. I notice that when I'm on Neutral and there's no whining noise, my car will run smooth with no problem. But sometimes my transmission emits a whining noise on Neutral, and that's when the jerking and hard downshifts happens. Can you please help me on this? Do I need a rebuild? Bad TCM? Or other stuff? No engine light.

2g Eclipse is my dream car. I appreciate any help.

Thanks for replying Sir!
Fluid level is good, got a new ATF literally 10hours ago. But still have the issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back