The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Which year Dodge Neon has a 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clos_

Probationary Member
Apr 28, 2022
Charlotte, North_Carolina
Which year dodge neons have the same engine as a 2g Eclipse (420a) and can I use the ignition coils on my 2g from a neon?

None of the neons came with the same engine as the eclipse. The DOHC models have the same short block but engines are not even close to a direct swap to clear up misinformation there.

As far as the coil pack it's going to depend on the year you have. They changed the style of the connector between 96 and 97 from a short connector to a longer connector with 2 alignment slots. It has to be a DOHC car as well. If you're looking thru the junkyard you'll probably have better luck finding one on a 2.4 engine in a stratus, breeze, pt cruiser, caravan as there are not many DOHC neons out there. Find one of those cars as close to the year your car is and then make sure the connector is the same.

FYI If you pull it from a PT cruiser you will have to remove the intake manifold because it sits over the valve cover.

i have a 1996 2g thanks for the information

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back