The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Which wideband to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WRXkiller92

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2012
Ridgecrest, California
So ive decided to finally get a wideband O2 (much needed i know) but im kinda torn between the Innovate LC-1 and the UEGO. I've heard the LC-1 works better with link and vice-versa.
So which do you guys recommend?

I've heard the same thing about the LC-1 with DSMLink so I guess if you have DSMLink then go with that. However I'm running an EVO VIII ECU and have always used AEM's UEGO in both my GSX and EVO with no complaints.

Why not get the Innovate MTX-L? It is pretty much the same as the LC1 except the brains of the wideband unit itself are built into the gauge.

Hm yeah I think I'm gonna go with the LC1 because of all the good reviews and I like the log program that it comes with.

Why not get the Innovate MTX-L? It is pretty much the same as the LC1 except the brains of the wideband unit itself are built into the gauge.

I second this. I run the MTX-L with no problems at all. It works great with link and comes with it's own logging software and usb cable too.

Lc1. AEM is usually off by .1 or more from what I've read

Yes, you are right. The AEM unit reads a/f about 24 crankshaft revolutions slower then the faster respondig Lc1 unit. Thats a big difference. Too bad i own a AEM unit.......:(
AEM doesnt play well with link either.

The Mtx and lc1 do not use the same controller. The lc1 is faster according to innovate. Look at is like this, the lc1 supposedly reads 54rpm faster than the mtx. That is 216 combustion events.

The MTX-L sounds appealing too and it's $50 less than the LC-1.

The Mtx and lc1 do not use the same controller. The lc1 is faster according to innovate. Look at is like this, the lc1 supposedly reads 54rpm faster than the mtx. That is 216 combustion events.

Maybe that's why it's cheaper. Lol

:thumb: Exactly! Whoever said the LC-1 needs to get with the times. Maybe its a little slower, but that doesn't make enough of a difference to matter IMO. The pros outweigh the cons.

The MTX-L uses the same settings as the LC-1 when datalogging with ECMLink AND you can set it to be used with ANY fuel. It also displays a wider A/F ratio range in comparison to the UEGO.

I use an AEM UEGO, and in order to log it correctly in link it takes a good amount of work to get it to read correctly. More than most people will bother with.

The MTX-L will be the next wideband I buy, hands down.

Maybe that's why it's cheaper. Lol

Huh the lc1 used to be the cheapest. I used a zietronix for years I bought one when it came out for special pricing. It was great except the Versions fr 2001 or whatever only had linear output. I use the lc1 now and like it. I wonder if that newer aem inline unit performs like an lc1?

I had good experience with plx widebands, I ran the older model of m-300 for about 7-8 years and it still works great and logs 100% accurate in the ecmlink from what I cam tell. New m-300te can read 8 different fuels including diese. You can get plx m-300te on eBay for about $265 shipped and dm-6 for about $200
I don't know about aem, I have few friends that ran aem and could not get them to read correctly, gauge would show one thing and it would log something different and when we took the car to a dyno, the wideband on a dyno read something different as well. Maybe new ones are better but I never liked aem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the aem uego but I also have aem ems.

The mtx-l gauge at least updates VERY Fast... Not bad at all.

As far as logging I still prefer the lc-1 due to the wiring and extra grounding.

AEM... This has been brought up so many times if anyone takes the time to look around on here they can find a list of downfalls of them. Ground offsets, White papers that are hit or miss even if you dont have grounding issues or use a buffer. Sub par update rates...

Bottom line

Innovate > AEM
When it comes to a wideband in dsm

I use MTX-L and love it. So simple to use but maybe this explains why my wideband seems like it reads a .2 off my DSMLINK reading. Maybe it's the slight delay that my eye can't catch :confused:

I've been using the AEM for years aswell, no complaints but I wouldn't mind giving that MTX-L a try!

I have the MTX-L on my srt4 and love it. I used to run the LC-1 in my last dsm. MTX-L is a easier wiring install than LC-1 and they have the digital wideband technology and seem to update faster than my lc-1. lc-1 is a good wideband don't get me wrong, i'd recommend it over an aem uego any day, but when they're the same price, get the mtx-l

I use MTX-L and love it. So simple to use but maybe this explains why my wideband seems like it reads a .2 off my DSMLINK reading. Maybe it's the slight delay that my eye can't catch :confused:

Setup LinWideband!

Last edited:
I ran a UEGO for years and got sick of the inaccurate logging through ECMLink. Even after setting up LinearWB it would work for a few days and then, after I'd check it in a log before a WOT pull, it would be off by .5 or more which is enough to make or break a stock bottom end on 30psi.

Bought an MTX-L and love it! Every time I'm under the car doing an oil change I pull the WB o2 sensor and do the free air calibration to make sure it displays/logs accurately. Thing's great and logs perfect!

:dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back