The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Which/What gauges should I get? [Merged 12-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll also vouch for Glowshift quality. I have the "7-color" boost and oil pressure gauges and have never had a single reason to gripe. Actually, my AEM wideband is the only gauge that has ever given me grief. Mostly because of the compatability issue with DSMLink.

People seem to focus a lot on the brand instead of the actual product. While I have no experience with glowshift I have heard mostly negative reviews so there is something to be said for that. But at the same time, I have also heard quite a few bad reviews on autometer and AEM guages.

I like my autometer gauges :) soon to be replaced with a innovate mtx-l and autometer boost gauge ;)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Prosport ftw! I have the Evo gauges and they are good quality as well as being gorgeous and very reasonably priced.

+1! I have multiple Prosport EVO series gauges. Boost, WB, Oil Press, Oil Temp, EGT. Beautiful gauges!

Now for being Non-Turbo you couldn't go wrong with ANY of these gauges. Technically, you could use a WB and a Vacuum/Boost gauge on a N/T car. Depending on certain intake mods, fuel mods, engine internal mods, vacuum and AFR levels are still very important for a healthy engine. Now if you can ONLY have three to install, then yes the typical setup would be volts, oil press and water temp.

Quality?! Prosport?!?! Prosports have got to be some of the cheapest gauges I have ever handled.
On a budget I'd go Autometer.

I personally just replaced ALL of my gauges with AEM digital gauges. No more crappy Prosports.

Which gauges did you get? I have the Prosport Premiums and I think they are by far, the best gauges I've ever had or my brother has ever seen. He is thinking about switching his Glowshifts (AKA Glowsh**s) for Prosports

Which gauges did you get? I have the Prosport Premiums and I think they are by far, the best gauges I've ever had or my brother has ever seen. He is thinking about switching his Glowshifts (AKA Glowsh**s) for Prosports

I have the Evo series boost, oil pressure, and wideband. Sexy lookin gauges!

Not yet. I'm selling my talon so I won't get the chance till I pick up another DSM. Shouldn't be more than a few weeks though. I spoke with ECMtuning and they said it would log fine with link

Awesome, thanks. Ill attempt it within the next couple of weeks. Ill let you know if it works out or if I blow something. Lol.

Hi all.

I have bought for the moment A/f ratio and boost. I have a three gauge pillar A, and I would like to hear opinions for the third gauge.

Thank you all.

Oil pressure, if I had to only choose three gauges, or the last one in this case. Oil pressure, A/F, boost.

all I am running is a/f and boost, how critical would you say that the oil pressure gauge is? is losing oil pressure a big/common problem? I would probably have to get a pod of some sort to put any additional gauges in. my two i already have are in a center vent plate

I also have a 3 gauge pillar and I have a/f ratio, boost, and oil pressure. I always keep an eye on oil pressure just to be sure it isn't dropping too low.

all I am running is a/f and boost, how critical would you say that the oil pressure gauge is? is losing oil pressure a big/common problem? I would probably have to get a pod of some sort to put any additional gauges in. my two i already have are in a center vent plate

Oil pressure, correct oil pressure, critical to the health/welfare of an engine.
How important is the blood/blood pressure in your body?

I would take a oil pressure over a boost gauge any day, and just find a way to run a solid number on boost, internal wastegate or external with set spring pressure.

I am using a similiar bezel and have 2 gauges in my vents and 3 in my radio bezel. I used a Vector Image bezel for the radio that extremepsi sold. Looks like this. total gauges 5
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/home.php?cat=858

if its not a wide-band A/F sell it and get a real one.. i have water temp, boost ,oil pressure and auto tranny temp. i'd say oil press and water temp are most important! because a bad reading on them will kill an engine quick!!

Boost, Oil pressure, Wideband. Those three are 100% needed if you are modding your dsm to pretty much any extent. Oil temperature would also not be a bad one to have just to know what is going on with your motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back