The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which vendors still sell shortblocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kronus

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 15, 2006
Independence, Missouri
Getting the itch to start upgrading the Talon again. I'm wanting to swap my stock 2.0 with a 2.3. A quick google revealed a few vendors still sending bottom end kits consisting of crank, rods, pistons, etc., but I'm really just looking for a good shortblock that will support between 500-750 whp. It looks like JAM is no more, and frankly, I don't remember many of the smaller shops. It's only been 3-4 years since I was last active, but it seems like even the big names want $3-4k for a short block. Is that the going price these days?

Also, sorry if this should have been in the lounge. A mod can move this if they need to.

I would look for engine builders for dsms i dont see any below, search other places for them. If you dont see any here. I dont .

Thanks for the replies! @1990TSIAWDTALON and @KCDsmDude, do you guys have any local shops you recommend? I'm in eastern KCMO, so it'd be cool to get together sometime.

I would love to meet some other members but I am in SOUTHEAST Kansas (and I build my own motors, just too busy right now to offer up a 4g build).
If you had the parts I could definately build one, just got to get behind the rest of the projects.....W4A33 R&R, motor and trans install in my Red Talon and a 90 GSX assembly.

I would love to meet some other members but I am in SOUTHEAST Kansas (and I build my own motors, just too busy right now to offer up a 4g build).
If you had the parts I could definately build one, just got to get behind the rest of the projects.....W4A33 R&R, motor and trans install in my Red Talon and a 90 GSX assembly.
Yeah, I looked up your location - it's about a 3 hr drive from me. Not terrible, to be honest. What's your timeline on those projects? Realistically, I'm a year or two out before I could get serious about installing it, but I could start collecting parts - I have a house renovation to finish first. Always some sort of project, right?

Man, always. If I had the parts its nothing to check tolerances and assemble. I never offer because I hate shipping stuff that big.

Shit im loading both my engines and heading to Marty this weekend with beer and fan girl compliments! Hehe my local machinist is pretty well known for being a bad ass but good lord they are slow..... 5 weeks so far waiting!

Marty wishes he wasn't so busy (or retired) so he could do the things he loves doing and help everyone. Then I bet I'd be 5 weeks behind too. :cry:
My machinist is backed up too but I drive by twice a day heading to and from work so I stop and "bug" him to get my stuff, PLUS I PAY IN CASH!!!! ;)
Thanks guys!

Still many shops can build our 4g63, but yeah that would be a good idea to wait for Marty or ask some member here who is close to you. Many members here can build well even they don't own a shop. And they are specialized in our engine and easy to communicate.

Man, always. If I had the parts its nothing to check tolerances and assemble. I never offer because I hate shipping stuff that big.
Well, my wife has a friend from highschool in your town. Just went to his reception up here last night, actually. If you don't mind, I'm going to keep you in mind as I start collecting parts, and hopefully we can work something out for me to bring the stuff to you when you've got free time.

I don't mind a bit. Small world, huh? :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back