The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Which valve springs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spool'n Spyder

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 2, 2005
West Monroe, Louisiana
I am going to be running Crower 24414 cams in my motor once I get it together. My question is....

I know I need to run upgraded valve springs. I found SI dual valve springs for the same price as some BC single valve springs. Which one should I get? Would it be better to just go ahead and get the dual valve springs? I probably wont ever rev over 8000 but I just thought if there was no cons to the dual's then I might as well get them.

Thanks, Nathan

Considering that you will be running a pretty aggressive cam I would go with the SI springs. It would just be some extra insurance. The only con I know of is price. Where did you find them for the same price as the BC's? I will be running FP2x and plan on running SIs. I have heard of people having success with the BC's but why risk it. It would suck to end up kissing a valve with a piston because you wanted to save a couple bucks. But since you can get them for the same price it seems like a no brainer to me.

I found some used. They are supertech dual valve springs, not SI.

The supertech springs are new and the retainers and seat locators were used for about 3k.

The BC valve springs and reatainers are brand new.

Do you still think the dual? If the dual are sold, do you think the BC's will be good to 8000?

Ahh, so you found them on the DSMlink forum. I tried to buy them but was told he already had a buyer lined up. Maybe thats you? In that case just go with the BC's and I'll take the Supertechs:D . J/K I would jump on those Supertechs if I were you, if you were the first person that contacted him, but I know he had a few people interested. If you can get them, take em, I doubt you'll find a deal like that again.:thumb:

Nah, I found them on trader and I guess both sets are gone.

Thanks, I was trying to figure out which ones to choose. If they are the strongest single spring then I guess i'll go with those.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back