The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Which turbo Fp hta68 or 20g?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I agree 20g is hard to beat. My friends FWD is running mid 11's at 128mph with the TurboLab $100 cast 20g wheel and TDO6 3" inlet downfiring comp housing special. Swapped onto an old ported 6cm TDO5h turbine setup from a 14b without any balancing none the less.

I like the 20G simply because of the range of flexibility....you can build it cheap or build it expensive and it'll still perform like crazy. One of the best ET's / trap speeds I've seen from a stock cast-wheel TD05H 20G came on a stock 6-bolt low end....10.96 @ 128.38. Cheap yet effective.

Billet wheels and turbine upgrades can get expensive pretty quick...not that they aren't worth it, but as others have pointed out there's a ridiculous amount of wheels available it's hard to choose a magical setup- but the D655C 7-blade KTS wheel on a TD06SL2 turbine is about as close to perfect as I've seen with the parts available at this time....in a few years, that may change pretty drastically though as billet wheel tech and pricing changes all the time.

You only need as much turbine flow as the compressor needs to perform. Going with too large of a turbine can rob torque and hurt spool, so don't go bigger on the turbine unless you plan to put it to use at some point.

Justin which TD06SL2 turbine are you referring too, the 11 or 9 blade? We are probably going to swap to a 7cm turbine housing eventually, just because the 6cm is getting pretty cracked. I would like to get backpressure readings between them. The 6cm doesn't seem too bad especially if someone is really concerned about spool. I guess the trick is finding one in decent shape though.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone straight from T25 to TD05h-20g.
I remember my mechanic back then (the guy from next-level performance in Brooklyn) telling me to skip any 16g format and go straight to the 20g, but did not listen and went for the evo316g. Long story short, I am now looking for a 20g - 11 years after!
Write your reply...

Jus..

I understand the OP has solved his question. However I remember having a discussion about TD06SL2 turbine on how it was not as reliable as the TD05H, and it seemed you prefered the TD05H as a clipped variant over the SL2... Has your thoughts on the new SL2 wheels changed? Or for those pushing 30+ would you still recommend an OEM Mihi part? Thanks for your thoughts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back