The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which turbo...FP 68HTA or S256et in Dsm housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the op went with a s256 and E85, he would have a pretty good chance of getting into the 11's on his first trip to the track. Thats not gonna happen on the 68hta.

A hta68 on e85 should be easy to get into the 11's. There are plenty of people running even E316g's that net trap speed well enough to get into the 11's. Mr Peepers went 11.8 @ 119mph on a e316g, with a sidemount and a safc for tuning on e85. That same set up on SD, a front mount and ostrich went 11.2 @ 124mph on my hoosier qtp's. On a hta68 I am sure he could have went 10's.

I have an s256et and I love it. I really don't notice much of a difference in lag from my 16g and pulls harder. I was getting 23 ish lbs around 3800 rpms with a HAFE manifold. I now have a FP manifold so I don't know if that will make it laggier or not but I think this is a great turbo. I also did the 1 by 1 arp install.

A hta68 on e85 should be easy to get into the 11's. There are plenty of people running even E316g's that net trap speed well enough to get into the 11's. Mr Peepers went 11.8 @ 119mph on a e316g, with a sidemount and a safc for tuning on e85. That same set up on SD, a front mount and ostrich went 11.2 @ 124mph on my hoosier qtp's. On a hta68 I am sure he could have went 10's.

Key word is "Should be". Fact of the matter is there is a very small percentage of the 68hta owners that actually get them into 11's. Everyone thinks their car is a beast and ready to run good times but there really not. The 68 hta is sure capable of deep 10 sec passes, but its definatly not a guaranteed 10 sec or even 11 sec turbo. Your average person is gonna see 12's on it. The S256, is definatly an 11 sec turbo that can go 10's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back