The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which Spoiler looks better?

Which Spoiler??? Poll winner goes on the car with Pics promised!

• High Rise

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Low Rise

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Wingless

Votes: 28 34.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gB for sure!!!! Theres a black 2gB AWD 5 speed one with no engine about 3 hours away for 700 bucks!!!! I dont know if im trying to jump into the AWD/5 speed swap yet!!!! Ever sence i owned my first AWD talon i dreamed of having a Talon Spyder AWD. With the paint/rim color/engine color combo, it will be unreal to me! I cant wait but i need to be sure i have the Time and funds available before i start the swap. Dont want to half ass or mess up!

If your going to do a talon swap, what would it look like with a talon thumb nail or high rise talon?
If i had a spare thumbnail laying around its be on the list!!!! I dont tho. I have decided im going to paint them both! Then decide after that!!!

If your going to do a talon swap, what would it look like with a talon thumb nail or high rise talon?

I could be wrong here, but I'm fairly certain neither of those will work because of their mounting positions. I know that - at least for the high rise - it mounts to the sloped portion of the hatch, which doesn't exist on a convertible.

I could be wrong here, but I'm fairly certain neither of those will work because of their mounting positions. I know that - at least for the high rise - it mounts to the sloped portion of the hatch, which doesn't exist on a convertible.

I have seen it done so i know its possible. Now that you mention it though it does look like it would have a hard time mounting the High rise. Can anyone confirm this or give some input!

I have seen it done so i know its possible. Now that you mention it though it does look like it would have a hard time mounting the High rise. Can anyone confirm this or give some input!

I just took a look at some pictures and from what I can see the thumbnail spoiler will work as it appears to mount to the flat surface of the hatch. I can say for sure that the high-rise talon spoiler mounts to the sloped surface of the hatch though as I converted my TSi to an Eclipse. When I'm home next week I can take some pictures of the mounting points if you'd like, as I still have the old hatch.

I just took a look at some pictures and from what I can see the thumbnail spoiler will work as it appears to mount to the flat surface of the hatch. I can say for sure that the high-rise talon spoiler mounts to the sloped surface of the hatch though as I converted my TSi to an Eclipse. When I'm home next week I can take some pictures of the mounting points if you'd like, as I still have the old hatch.

i would appreciate the pictures and mounting tips!

I'm struggling with the same delimma. I'm not a fan of my low rise on my 98 gst spyder, would prefer a high rise over wingless, but what I really want is a rear lip spoiler, something very low profile like I have for my STi.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wingless all the way ;)

About to put the high rise on my Spyder! Idk, I like the look even if it doesnt actually do anything!

I have never really liked the high-rise Eclipse spoiler since these cars were new. I would definitely go wingless over the high-rise, especially on a Spyder and one with a Talon rear at that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back