The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Which one is your favorite 1G-2G and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cano86

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2008
Hartford, Connecticut
Hi I started this thread to conclude in which is the DSMer's favorite between the 1G and 2G.
In my opinion my favorite one is the 1G.Why? even-though the body of the 2G looks somehow better.I'm more into a speed kind of car and definitely the 1G is my choice.
What is your?:thumb:

I like the 1G myself. Mostly because they are becoming more rare. That, and people apparently don't know Eclipses came before 95.

I told a buddy of mine I bought a GSX, and he said, "Be ready to get pulled over, cops Love eclipses." I replied. "It's a 92.. You know, 1g?"

"Oh... Nevermind then."ROFLROFL

1g for me. Why? Because I dont want people asking my why I drive a girls car. Oh and the 6-bolt had something to do with it I guess.

Check any of the closed "Which is Better?" threads, and see why they're closed.

Indeed. As a matter of fact, this is a fantastic way to stir up unnecessary crap.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

blckspo0ln
After seeing a 2g like that..

I love 1g's.
But, there is so much about the 2g that drives me to own one.

I have both a 1g and 2g. Overall, I love the 2g to death. The exterior is dead-ass sexy, and the interior is nicer. Plus I like the 2g suspension setup more, too. It's more advanced.

The 1g is more of a sinister-looking car. So if that's your thing, then I could totally understand why the 1g is your choice.

I must say, the 1g is way more of a sleeper car. Especially around here, anytime I go in an autoparts store, they comment on the fact that they have never seen an AWD TSi Talon around this area in a long time. But my car was originally sold in Rhode Island I believe, so there you go.

Love the 2g because the chicks always want a ride haha.

1GA FTW!!!

Im not a big fan of the 2g's because of F&F. plus I see more girls driving 2gs and its kinda like owning a camareo.

I just think 1ga's are so much more aggresive and they are kinda rare. 2g's are a dime a dozen here.

1GA FTW!!!

Im not a big fan of the 2g's because of F&F. plus I see more girls driving 2gs and its kinda like owning a camareo.

I just think 1ga's are so much more aggresive and they are kinda rare. 2g's are a dime a dozen here.

true that a lot of people say the 2G is a girls car dont know why though so !G is my choice still.

i love the 1g body style but really like the 1ga over the 1gb. I've been in both Gens but for some reason i feel more cozy in the 1g. I guess i'm biased ### i own only 1gs but in the end i think their just mean looking, underestimated, and have the old school kind of look i like.:laser::talon::dsm::thumb:

I used to think 1g's were ugly until I bought one. I love the way 2gb's look, but just as far as performance goes 1g's seem to stay clean and fast. What's not to love!

i honestly dont get why people call 2g eclipses girls cars, ive only known one girl to own one here in york pa and that was my gf.. and she was always breaking shit on it.. no offense, but most girls, except maybe girls who are members on this site will never be seen driving around in a clean looking 2g

cars i always can count on seeing a girl in--
3g eclipse
honda civic
'00 ^ toyota celica

and to answer the question, 2g's cause the look gotta love that wide rear end and those bad ass tails on the eclipse's, 2gbs front ends.. when these cars are lowered you cant find a better looking car for the price

i do love 1g's tho, my dream is to turn a 1g into a rally car.. these cars look like they were made to do that kinda stuff

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back