The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Which motor for resale pricing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcjjones

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
Austin, Texas
Well I will probably be getting out of the dsm game for a while. Just until I can afford it as a project rather then a DD.

My motor needs a complete rebuilt bottom end. I have a stock rebuilt cylinder head. I am just going to buy a rebuilt one from someone here on the forums. I have found two options. One being a completely stock rebuild with around 15k miles. Has receipts and a build thread here on the site. The other is a built motor, with weisco 8:5.1 pistons eagle h-beam rods, brian crower springs and retainers with the same amount of mileage. Has all the receipts and pictures of the build.

Now the questions is, I can get the completely stock one for 1000 bucks shipped, maybe a little less with some negotiations. He's pretty firm though. While the built motor I can get shipped for 1400.

Is it worth the extra 400 bucks to get the built one? In yall's opinion will I make my money back versus the stock one? Or even possible make some money?

Thank you for any help or opinions!

Kind of what I was thinking

I have a pretty clean, stock appearing 1991 GVR4. It has a walbro 255, FIC 950's, bastard 20g turbo, injen intake with maf and plug n play adapter, 1g vrsf front mount modified to fit, and an evo 8 ecu with plug n play harness. It also has an innovative wideband and autometer boost. Probabky forgetting a couple small things but thats most of it.

Interior is clean, paint is a little faded, everything's works.

I could try to sell it like it is, or fix it. Would y'all think investing the 1500 or so is worth it or could I sell it like it is sand come out about the same? What would y'all ask for it in the current non running condition?

It depends, what exactly is wrong with the bottom end? Knocking/spun bearing?

Piston rings are worn. Never spun a bearing or anything. Just low compression numbers, around 95-100 per cylinder. It still ran when the head was on it

Just didn't run very well

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back