The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Which GSX's came with LSD rear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

None of the DSM's came with a FRONT LSD. You have to add custom parts for that in the front dif.
See post #15 from Steve

This may be a stupid question but if the rear was LSD would that also imply the front must be as well?
No, none of the DSM's came with a front LSD from the factory. All AWD cars have an LSD in the form of a Viscous Coupler in the center diff. Those with a rear LSD are also using a VC in the rear diff.

But I repeat myself and overlap Marty...

1st, I know this thread is over 15yrs old.
2nd, since it’s revived and we’re talking rear diff’s with LSD’s I have a couple of questions.

What is the best way to convert my open rear diff GSX to have a Limited Slip Rear Differential for road racing track days?

Do I need the entire LSD differential housing from a LSD car or just the internals?
Do I need the matching inner axle cv joints with the correct splines for the LSD?

Or can I send out my open rear diff to be converted to a plate style LSD like the Evo VIII?
If ^^^ is an option, what axles would I use?
My stock open diff axles or do I need inner cv joints from the Evo VIII and use the outer from my GSX axles?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back