The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G which fuel rail for non turbo throttle body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SloEvo

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 7, 2010
Warner Robins, Georgia
I found this info somewhere a couple weeks ago, but can't find it again and can't remember what all it said. I'm putting a non turbo throttle body on my 90 Laser and the stock fuel rail won't work due to the size of the sensor and the direction of the end of the fuel rail where the fuel line connects. What year model fuel rail do I need? I want the largest internal diameter fuel rail I can get so I don't have to swap later on. The 90 rail on the car looks like it's almost 1/2" internal (or -8) which is perfect. Thanks for the help.

Im confused you need a non turbo rail their the same as turbo. The tb shouldnt matter.

Yes the n/t and turbo rails are the same. But, the 1990 cars have a different sensor setup on the throttle body, so the fuel line fitting on the 90 rails is at a different angle.

To the op, just get a 91-94 rail if your 90 rail is causing problems.

Im confused you need a non turbo rail their the same as turbo. The tb shouldnt matter.

agreed . i run the non turbo tb and stock fuel rail. it's kind of a pain to get the injectors in and out ### the rail wants to push on the tps but ive always been able to get them back in . oops i didnt see the post above and also good info in that post

donniekak knows what i'm talking about. the sensor is a lot bigger and will hit the fuel rail due to the angle of the ends of the fuel rail. I didn't know if it was an non-turbo rail or something else I needed, but 91-94 seems to be it. Thanks everyone.

Thanks!

I'm about to install a N/T throttle body on my 90 Tsi.
I wanted to make sure that I read this correctly.
The N/T fuel rail is the same size as a turbo?
I'm thinking I need to go ahead and grab the fuel rail from the 91 non turbo parts car.

N/T and turbo fuel rails are the same but the '90 is at a different angle so you need the 91-94 fuel rail to fit the 91-94 tps sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back