The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Resolved 2G Which electrical connector is this for??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_sagun

Probationary Member
Oct 20, 2019
bristow, Virginia
After looking through my engine bay on my 99 GST, i saw this connector wires that were cut. Does anyone know that either side of this connector does? looking at this post: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.298047/ . it says it is the starter solenoid. Is this correct? The connector sits under the thermostat. The previous owner had the starter replaced. The car starts fine and curious what I need to replace to fix whatever this is. Not sure what it does. Thanks!

Attachments

• connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
After looking through my engine bay on my 99 GST, i saw this connector wires that were cut. Does anyone know that either side of this connector does? looking at this post: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.298047/ . it says it is the starter solenoid. Is this correct? The connector sits under the thermostat. The previous owner had the starter replaced. The car starts fine and curious what I need to replace to fix whatever this is. Not sure what it does. Thanks!

That link seems to be +1 on everything.
40 is your “front O2” and that fits the stock location.
41 is the starter. They have a big difference in the plug.

Do you see the red/yellow/black/white connector plugged up?
That looks like an oxygen sensor plug that’s been snipped.

No, it's not the starter solenoid connector. It looks an universal O2 sensor connector. If so, you don't probably need it if you already have the front O2 sensor connected properly. Maybe the previous owner just forgot to throw it away.

Thanks everyone! Yep the new o2 is all connected. I'll rip it outta there. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back