1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Which electrical connector is this for??

Posted by Matt_sagun, Jan 26, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Matt_sagun

Matt_sagun Probationary Member

Joined Oct 20, 2019
    bristow, Virginia
    After looking through my engine bay on my 99 GST, i saw this connector wires that were cut. Does anyone know that either side of this connector does? looking at this post: https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.298047/ . it says it is the starter solenoid. Is this correct? The connector sits under the thermostat. The previous owner had the starter replaced. The car starts fine and curious what I need to replace to fix whatever this is. Not sure what it does. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 2g2slow97

2g2slow97 Probationary Member

Joined Jul 23, 2019
    Princeton, Kentucky
    That link seems to be +1 on everything.
    40 is your “front O2” and that fits the stock location.
    41 is the starter. They have a big difference in the plug.

Do you see the red/yellow/black/white connector plugged up?
    That looks like an oxygen sensor plug that’s been snipped.

Street Build 228  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Japan / Mexico, Arizona
    No, it's not the starter solenoid connector. It looks an universal O2 sensor connector. If so, you don't probably need it if you already have the front O2 sensor connected properly. Maybe the previous owner just forgot to throw it away.

Drag Race Build 1K  2

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 1K  4

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
    Kryndon likes this.
  4. Matt_sagun

Matt_sagun Probationary Member

Joined Oct 20, 2019
    bristow, Virginia
    Thanks everyone! Yep the new o2 is all connected. I'll rip it outta there. :)