The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Which car would you buy? [Merged 8-8] what should I get

which car should i buy?

• s2000

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Evo MR

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shes looking for a car thats year 2001+. she does not care for speed and would like a car with a warranty and would like something thats less than 60k miles. she wants a warranty but if the car is nice enough it does not have to have one. i was looking into a 2002+ altima most come with 30k or less miles and almost all have warranty's. or something like a 2001 infiniti i30/35 which does not have a warranty and comes with around 50k miles. but because its such a nice car she does not mind buying it without a warranty since its comes with leater and moonroof and such. what do u guys think? if not one of these 2 what else do u think will be good?

I recommend the Honda Accord 4-door V6, around 2002. Mild mannered, above average V6, with a great ride. A fantastic car all around.

How about a Nissan Maxima? She should be able to find one within that price range easily (2000+ styling) and could probably get one with the 3.5 liter is she found a deal. Some came with limited slip differentilas. It's worth getting one of those.

If she EVER has a desire for speed the 3.0 VQ takes supercharging pretty well. :cool:

-Honda Accord LX
-Honda Civic EX
-Mitsubishi Galant
-Nissan Altima
-Subaru Legacy

Anything but Ford really.

Whiplash said:
Fully-loaded Hyundai Sonata

I'm with him. Your sister will most likely be looking at a family if she doesnt already have one. They're extremely safe, and they have a good warranty. They even come with some kind of VVT/VTEC/::insert another one here:: and its a brand new car.

Volkswagen Jetta/Audi A4

4 doors, very reliable, 2.slow, 1.8T, and 2.8 VR6, 1.9 turbo deisel optional motors in the VW, most come with alot of options including the sunroof, traction control, and heated seats.

Keep in mind the A4 is AWD which could be a buying point for her, it would work for me.

Game Over said:
Volkswagen Jetta/Audi A4

4 doors, very reliable, 2.slow, 1.8T, and 2.8 VR6, 1.9 turbo deisel optional motors in the VW, most come with alot of options including the sunroof, traction control, and heated seats.

Keep in mind the A4 is AWD which could be a buying point for her, it would work for me.

A4?! Have you lost your mind?! I know a guy who is getting raped on labor for the dealership to work on his wifes A4.

[Posted by 206.100.227.72. This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse of WebWarper: see http://webwarper.net/han Example of using WebWarper: http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/lycos.com ]

i would say the best bet or what i would advice people would be...accord, galant, maxima, or jetta

Ghost1984 said:
I would buy a 1g dsm for $2000, and spend the other 23 grand on it. LOL

I already have a 90 TSi...

As far as my "status" is concerned, im single, in the Army for the next few years, 21 years of age, and I LOVE 2 seaters (never had one)

I dont realy care about practical at all, so long as it's still capible of being a daily driver, I also love T-tops and Targa tops, but I hate the incress in weight and the fact that they dont handel as well, as there hardtop counter parts.

Some of the other cars I have been looking at for some time, include the RX-7 and 300ZX, how ever since there older, and one requires some good maintance, and relearning alot. And the other has a engine bay packed more than a... well just say it's in there.

Im not really all that impressed with the 350Z, now the R35 GTR concept Thats a whole diferent story, but thats also estimated to be around 75,000 us. Thats just a LITTLE LOL out of my price range.

How about the last good generation of Toyota MR2? I'm not talking about the chick car that they called the MRS, I'm talking about the turbo, mid-engine, RWD, 2-seater that can make crazy amounts of power and looks dead sexy doing it. $25k would easily get you one and give you enough cash left over for some sweet mods: EMS, turbo, engine work, wheels, fun stuff. Plus, they're available in T-tops or targas, I believe.

I didn't read the rest of the thread but if you're looking for a fun 2 seater, I'd say go with a late 90's C-5 Vette. One of my buddies had one and it was always a blast to ride in, even with an automatic. Add a nice exhaust and you'll have yourself one of the best sounding cars around.

I would go with a low mileage S2000 with the hardtop, very fun car to drive and enough power.

I got 25K too, but gave 5K to my parents.

I for one wouldn't spend it ALL on a car, I'd spend a decent chunk of it to get a good lookin car and then pour some money in for aftermarket mods. If you are looking for a PERFORMANCE car rather than a DAILY DRIVER.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back