The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Which car would you buy? [Merged 8-8] what should I get

which car should i buy?

• s2000

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Evo MR

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catbox_95 said:
That Ford GT is the biggest waste. :notgood: And it is NOT faster than the new Z06 in acceleration, only top end, and quite frankly, no Ford GT or Z06 owners will see this 7 mph difference.

First of all, Ford has the inability to make serious horsepower without a supercharger. Second of all, it's the same engine that is in the Ford Lightning, only supercharged (and if I'm spending 1/4 million on a car, it better have more than just a truck motor in it). Third of all, since the car is rare, they are selling in upwards of $200,000. Forth of all, it pushes in the corners. Fifth of all, not many creature comforts and it's not comfortable to ride in for a long time. Sixth of all, it will get beat in a drag race by a car that costs 1/3 it's price. Seventh of all.... Well crap, nevermind, you get the point.

Sorry to get off topic. I like the 350 Z over the G35 because it's shorter, lighter, and I like the front and rear bumpers better.

<-- end rant -->

I don't know why you quoted me but in case I was misunderstood I never said I was a fan of the GT or any Ford for that matter (any company that has to introduce "retro cars" needs to get a clue). The point of my statement was that the '06 Z06 can be had for half the price (or as you say 1/3) of a Ford GT and for that reason it is definitely a better option wether it's (the Z06) a hair slower or not.

JRichter said:
I don't know why you quoted me but in case I was misunderstood I never said I was a fan of the GT or any Ford for that matter (any company that has to introduce "retro cars" needs to get a clue). The point of my statement was that the '06 Z06 can be had for half the price (or as you say 1/3) of a Ford GT and for that reason it is definitely a better option wether it's (the Z06) a hair slower or not.

Ahh, no. I understood your take on the Ford GT. I just quoted you because you opened up the "GT vs. Z06" topic and I wanted to elaborate on it. I agree with you all the way. And yeah, you made another good point about a company having to introduce "retro cars". Like the Mustang GT. WTF? It's the size of a Buick and it looks like a design that might have followed a '69 Mustang. You know, there's a reason that cars change as time goes on. Oh yeah, well, except for Mitsubishi Eclipses! :thumb:

Im in a bit of a delmia, if any of you have noticed over the past yr I have been searching for a new car. And never found anything I see and just got "thats the one" Im always torn between 3-5 cars.

And im considering I was brought up around classic's im starting to want one again. But at the same time I want something like a MKIV Supra or Evo IX while still wanting to build this ugly ol 90 TSi.

If I had the money I would do all the above, sadly I dont so I have to pick. My question to you guys, is if you had 25k what "Type" of car would you go with? Classic or import? Because I love how a classic sounds, looks, feels and turns heads, but at the same time I like how cars like Supras and Evo's sound (turbo) and handle.

Corse I also have been thinking about a bike lately, I look back on the days when I was younger(12-14) and used to love rideing my drit bike... I miss that free open feeling.

So what would you do with 25k?

I think it depends on what your using the car for. If its just gonna be a weekend driver and only used in good weather and always be garaged i would say go for the classic muscle car.

If it's a daily driver i'd go with something newer. (EVO, Supra)

Also i would say it too depends on your age and occupation, i think it would be weird to see like a 35-50 yr old guy who is a business man rolling up to work in an evo. Then i would go with something a little more subtle and leaning a bit more towards the luxury side. If this was the case i would personally go with a 350z or a g35, i think the only drawback is there are so many of them, but out of the choices you listed i would go with a supra

definetly a tough decision in which you have to weigh all the pros/cons carefully

I would buy a 1g dsm for $2000, and spend the other 23 grand on it. LOL

Well I doubt you can find a MKIV supra for $25,000, the there are a lot of bang for the bucks. I think the Z hits it dead on, I bought an 05 for $28k, and now they have the 300hp engine (wish I would have waited). Of course you have only 2 seats in the Z, so if you really want a 2+2, a G35 ($29k) might be an option as well.

I guess what it really comes down to is, what do you want and what is practical for you?

cs82685 said:
Also i would say it too depends on your age and occupation, i think it would be weird to see like a 35-50 yr old guy who is a business man rolling up to work in an evo.

Yes while this is unusal, I see so many of these guys. 2 of my good friends have an Evo 8 MR, and 04 STI, but those are they're weekend cars, LOL. They drive Jags to and from work, but they are blessed enough to have the cash for their hobby. 380whp and above. How nice.

You know what I would do with $25k??? Two chicks at the same time LOL Office space pwns.

Anyway. Depending on your current situation, I would buy a nice reliable daily beater for lets say $5-7k, and drop the other $17-20k into my car. But thats just me. :D

Get a Del Sol, then install some suicide doors, and put them to use...at about 65 mph. LOL Im kidding.

Do you already have s weekend warrior or, are you looking for a daily driver? What are your needs?

I say one of to things

Buy the EVO VIII RS :dsm:
or
Buy a 6speed Supra but it would be stock for a long time, the price of mods is crazy :barf:

99-04 Style Mustang Cobra. Sorry guys, but I just get all kindsa wet when I hear the supercharger whine and that exhaust bark.

rampridersrider said:
99-04 Style Mustang Cobra. Sorry guys, but I just get all kindsa wet when I hear the supercharger whine and that exhaust bark.

x2

I would take this over anything else listed, except for maybe a C5 or C6 Z06.

A 2002 M Benz C32 AMG. 349HP Supercharger "STOCK" with all the crazy gadgets and a Goddamn comfy ride for a little over 25k on Ebay. Name a car that has a great badge and 349HP for less than 28k? And not only this car has the top class interior, you can also modify it and have it run 12s all day with aftermarket sc pulley and chip. :thumb:

ok so i go my car (infiniti G35) now my sister wants to buy a car. she has $13,500 to spend and wants a nice 4 door car. since i got so much good advice when i was buying my car i thought i should ask here about a car for her.

****EDIT****

shes looking for a car thats year 2001+. she does not care for speed and would like a car with a warranty and would like something thats less than 60k miles. she wants a warranty but if the car is nice enough it does not have to have one. i was looking into a 2002+ altima most come with 30k or less miles and almost all have warranty's. or something like a 2001 infiniti i30/35 which does not have a warranty and comes with around 50k miles. but because its such a nice car she does not mind buying it without a warranty since its comes with leater and moonroof and such. what do u guys think? if not one of these 2 what else do u think will be good?

Does she want a brand new car, or something with a warranty or does it really matter?

If it were me, and I was looking for something in a nice 4dr. I would have to pick a caddilac catera 97-2001, 6cyl, 4dr, leather, heated seats, sport mode, etc. Fast lil thing and with a push of a buton will have you on the freeway in no time.

I'd consider cars like any 4dr BMW or Mercedes depending on how old you want to go, and if u want to pay for parts when things break, but good cars.

Also cars like The Acura Legend or CL, TL or something with a v6 (Iknow those couple are two doors, but I hope you get the idea.)

Volvo makes some tight ass cars too...............and last but definatley not least, a GTI or Jetta with a VR6. Oh and some of the new audi's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back