The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Which car would you buy? [Merged 8-8] what should I get

which car should i buy?

• s2000

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Evo MR

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the c5 is a blast to drive but definately not a daily driver unless you have unlimited funds for gas and insurance

timm98gst said:
the c5 is a blast to drive but definately not a daily driver unless you have unlimited funds for gas and insurance

Insurance, yes, high. But gas? Does your DSM get better than 30 mpg highway? 'Vettes get good gas mileage. They run very efficiently and are very aerodynamic. Even my 1989 Vette with a 4.09:1 gear and 6-speed averaged 25 - 28 mpg.

my brother had an 04 c5 and it was sick. had lg headers b&b 3inch straight exhaust and a ram air set up. laid down 372hp and 395 ftlbs to the wheels and ran 12.1's with no launch. it was a sweet car

i have a question. how come some of you will take the 350z over the g35? nissan and infiniti is the same company. infiniti is nissans higher end cars so wont the g35 be like a better 350z?

Go with the G35. Everyone has 350Z's and Corvettes. I see them a hundred times a day. Get a clean G35 and youll have something original that you can be proud of that will turn heads. I personally wouldnt spend all that money on a newer, nicer car but id get like a 2000 camero and mod the shit out of it.

I'd say if you want muscle go for the vette but if you want to stick with something imported I'd say its a toss up between the Evo and STI.
Personally I'd vote for the Evo 8 :)
Hope you get it and let us know what happens :thumb:

Catbox_95 said:
Insurance, yes, high. But gas? Does your DSM get better than 30 mpg highway? 'Vettes get good gas mileage. They run very efficiently and are very aerodynamic. Even my 1989 Vette with a 4.09:1 gear and 6-speed averaged 25 - 28 mpg.
Insurance would actual be about the same or less than a dsm because people don't crash them as much as cars like dsms

Well, if your like me, I would have to go with the vette just because its a RWD. the STI is going to be very simular to your dsm being turbo AWD. I personally dont care for vette's but i have a 97 mustang cobra thats beefed up to 497RWHP and its a lot of fun.

BTW: I will sell ya my cobra for $13K, 1k miles on rebuilt engine, LOTS OF MODS. PM if you are interested at all...

My buddy who works with me has a 2002 or 2003 Maxima. It's pretty fast, he's got an Injen intake, a Magnaflow Exaust, and the Greddy standalone. I like it even know it's boring becuase its automatic

vtown661 said:
Go with the G35. Everyone has 350Z's and Corvettes. I see them a hundred times a day. Get a clean G35 and youll have something original that you can be proud of that will turn heads. I personally wouldnt spend all that money on a newer, nicer car but id get like a 2000 camero and mod the shit out of it.

Here in L.A. G35's are everywhere. Seriously, it's the new "cool" car to have or something. I see them more and more everyday. I used to want one, but I dunno anymore..

My choice from the list would be the Evo.

GO WITH THE:

WRX STI....

holy crap, i absolutely love those cars, they are the perfect car for every thing!

off road, snow, rain, street, track, drag. what don't they do?

When i had my old Subaru it was great, reliable, and very low maintenance, i got it with 40,000 miles on it. put another 50,000 on. and never replaced an engine part once...NOT ONCE!. nothing ever broke or got warn out. The boxer engines are a hard to work around because of the opposing pistons. but man they fly. At N.E drag way.. anchor Subaru held a Subaru owners appreciation day, Ive never scene so many sti's in my life. There were unsponsored Sti's running 11.2
It was spinning all 4 wheels through 1st and 2nd...and was still squealing in 3rd.
They sound like jets with the external waste gates and dump tube.

My friend who got me into cars has a non sti wrx. i really wanted the same car as him but i couldn't afford it. so i settled with the next best AWD turbo car. (witch i love to death). But still to this day the wrx' is my dream car. and hopefully one day i can get one.

I guarantee you will not regret this car if you got it. you will be screaming "i love my SUBI!" every day you start it up.

happy shopping.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the 700HP Visionboy IS300. :mad: :mad: :mad:

You know in TV shows where the guy sees the girl and he falls in love instantly, and the cheesy music plays and the border around the screen goes fuzzy and pink? That is what happened when I saw that car.

Anyway, if I HAD to choose one of those you listed, I'd probably go with the C5. Women love Vettes (and V8s), and that thing would really wake up if you modded it. Plus, you can't beat RWD in the 1/4 if you're not going to stay stock and you set it up right.

Just my $0.02

Yes, G35 coupe is built on the same platform as the 350Z and has the same layout. It is a little heavier (back seats are available) but there are 298hp versions where as the 350z's prior to the 35th aniv. and 2006 models all have 287hp. I love the looks of these cars and think it is one of the best designs on the road right now. Anything with this proven V6 powerplant is an excellent choice. My buddies 350Z feels like a V8 and you can't peel your head off the headrest when the throttle is floored.

I've always wanted a Vette and if you can afford the insurance the C5 would be a good choice. Avoid some of the first C5's off the line as my Dad's coworker's 97 has all but been declared a lemon due to its extensive and reoccurring electrical problems (seen a couple of these cases so I don't know if it is a common problem or not). Like some one said above this car could easily become a supercar w/ a few tweaks.

Of course I would say the RX-8 because that's what I just bought but I'll warn you: once you go to rotary power you'll never want to go back. Very fun car to drive even if it lacks a little low-end grunt (power isn't the only ingredient to an excellent sports car unless you drive in straight lines only).

I've always been a big rally fan and the Evo and STi are rally cars for the street (I prefer the EVO). I think the Evo wins hands down for the best bang-for-the-buck award.

Very different cars on the list. Are you into looks, fastest thing possible, something w/ reasonable insurance rates, something to modify or tune, something that will turn heads, or all of the above?

JRichter said:
Very different cars on the list. Are you into looks, fastest thing possible, something w/ reasonable insurance rates, something to modify or tune, something that will turn heads, or all of the above?

im looking for a car that looks good. id like to modify it to. but i dont need it to be super fast. just fast enough to kill normal street cars. not cars that the owners modded the hell out of. i want this car to be like a nice everyday driver that turns heads.

I would go with the Evo. Yes the STi is a great car, but overall most reviews have rated the Evo as a better buy. As far as the other cars I look for practicality in a car. The Evo can be as practical as you want it to be being that it is a sedan. You can also modify it to be insanely fast, as it has the 4G63. Plus you already have the best place to get information about the engine and modifications!

But for a half the price of the mighty Ford GT, not much slower.

JRichter said:
But for a half the price of the mighty Ford GT, not much slower.

That Ford GT is the biggest waste. :notgood: And it is NOT faster than the new Z06 in acceleration, only top end, and quite frankly, no Ford GT or Z06 owners will see this 7 mph difference.

First of all, Ford has the inability to make serious horsepower without a supercharger. Second of all, it's the same engine that is in the Ford Lightning, only supercharged (and if I'm spending 1/4 million on a car, it better have more than just a truck motor in it). Third of all, since the car is rare, they are selling in upwards of $200,000. Forth of all, it pushes in the corners. Fifth of all, not many creature comforts and it's not comfortable to ride in for a long time. Sixth of all, it will get beat in a drag race by a car that costs 1/3 it's price. Seventh of all.... Well crap, nevermind, you get the point.

Sorry to get off topic. I like the 350 Z over the G35 because it's shorter, lighter, and I like the front and rear bumpers better.

<-- end rant -->

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back