The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Which car would you buy? [Merged 8-8] what should I get

which car should i buy?

• s2000

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Evo MR

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In all honesty, for 10k your really cant beat a 2GB GSX as far as looks, power potential, and enjoyment. AWD makes them safe in bad weather. If all I had was 10k, that is what I would buy. Now, since that isnt what you want/cant get, my second choice would be a 98-01 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe/sedan. You either love them or hate them as far as looks go but it is definitely the most overlooked car out there. Ill give you a hint, Subaru engines are like legos in the sense that most of them are fairly easily swapped. Oh and they weigh about 2800 lbs which is impressive for an AWD car. It was actually going to my project car but I decided on something else because I had the extra money.

My preference would be either:
2000+ BMW 3 series (many, many different options here, i would be fine with any)
1989 CRX with b16A (n/A or turbo?)

Depends what you want to do with the car, ie. mod it, keep it stock for a nice daily driver etc.

cuttheduck said:
With 10 grand,

ls1

what a ls1?

also all the 3 series, vr-4's and rx7's i saw for around 10k had over 100k miles. im looking for something that will last a few years.

LS1 and LT1 are the camaros and firebirds. My best friend is selling a black LS1, 6 speed, T-Tops for 8500-9000. Can't go wrong if you like rwd and lots of torque. -Matt :thumb:

sting0004 said:
LS1 and LT1 are the camaros and firebirds. My best friend is selling a black LS1, 6 speed, T-Tops for 8500-9000. Can't go wrong if you like rwd and lots of torque. -Matt :thumb:

or t-tops, i absolutley LOVE t-tops :thumb:

wow i was just in ebay and i saw a 2000 bmw 3 series sell for $10100 and it only had 65k. how cool would it be to own a bmw at 19 years old. i think i will end up getting a 3 series. looks like the best choice so far. unless anyone knows of something better?

evil6remlin said:
Datsun 240Z with RB26DETT :thumb:

hahaha i wish. rb26dett alone is 6k.the price of the car is another 2k. to pay someone to put it in for me would be 5k. already checked that out...LOL

ok guys im still looking for a car. have a list. which one do you think is best. (looking for a used car btw)

1. lancer evo
2. wrx sti
3. rx-8
4. 350z
5. coevette c5
6. g35 2 or 4 door
7. 2004+ maxima

thats my choices so far. right now im thinking the g35 coupe is best choice. what do u guys think? if not one of these then let me know what you would get with about $25000. no dsm's i already have one :)

None of those cars are in the 25k range, but if I ignore that, then definitely the Evo, maybe the C5. Its very hard to find a good used Evo for less than 25k with tax and all included.

Get the vett. You are on a car modding site and I figure that sooner or later you will probable wantto mod whatever you get. And with the modded C5 you will be able to put the DSM to shame. :D At least, all my friends with modded V8s can trash my car in the 1/4 mile. It's amazing what you can do with an engine that has twice as many pistons.

none of those but the new vette with 600horse, and the fastest production car. but that is way out of 25g

LOL...when i said a "new" didnt mean brand new. ment like a new car. dsm is my old one and one of these would be the new one. im going to buy a used car. and i can find all of these for $25,000 used. sorry for the mix up. ill edit me first post.

98RedDragon said:
none of those but the new vette with 600horse, and the fastest production car. but that is way out of 25g

Don't spread mis-information. The "new Vette" you speak of is a 2006 Z06 and it has 505 horsepower, runs 11.7 in the quarter and tops out at 198 mph. Damn, damn fast, but not the fastest production car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back