The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Which car would you buy? [Merged 8-8] what should I get

which car should i buy?

• s2000

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Evo MR

Votes: 41 95.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow you guys have horrible taste. If you want to be like every other dudeman on the road, buy a sti, g35, 350z or evo. No offense to anyone.

E46 M3. Or even E36. Used of course. Damn people.

LOL. if i wanted to be like every other douchebag who thinks just cause he spends 30k+ on a car means he is the awesomest on the road, ill get anything with a BMW logo on it.

of course, i live in cali. every yuppie drives one and thinks he/she is better than everyone else and can drive like a ####tard because they are driving a "elite and ultimate driving machine". if i want a car i can fall alseep in during the commute, ill get a beamer.

drove both a E46 M3 and my 03 Cobra when i was looking to unload my GT. drove the M3 first, was impressed but bored. drove the cobra and went into debt fast for it. it was faster in the turn, more stable during the turn (irs), and faster out of the turn, and cheaper price (22k versus 30k) and cheaper to mod with more potential in the long run (700whp from the 03/04 cobras forged 4.6L achievable) to boot. i just wish my GT sold so i couldve kept her, had to ditch the cobra after a few months, got some profit out of it though, then bought a bike and upsold that for the gsx.

how bout a used S2000, then take it to those guys in FL that do the 2JZ swap for them. Sporty convertible, rwd, major power-to-weight ratio.

edit - plus that's not a car you see every day... and talk about sleeper with a singled supra hiding under a S2000's skin.

How does it compare to a stock 2g Turbo DSM? (If you can remember.)

Well, based on what I can remember, the Si is better handling (comes with LSD) and has better top-end (iVTEC> stock T25). The seats are also more comfortable and there's a lot more interior room.

Honda Civic Si - sedan
or
Volkswagen GTI - five-door

Honestly, I'd be happy with either one. Looking to buy one of the two myself, will be buying the four-door Si or five-door GTI hatch. Need more room than my 2G

Unless you wanna hold out to see how the all-new 08 WRXs are priced (current '07 TR is $23,999) if you can get over the looks (FAIL)

Honda Civic Si - sedan
or
Volkswagen GTI - five-door

Honestly, I'd be happy with either one. Looking to buy one of the two myself, will be buying the four-door Si or five-door GTI hatch. Need more room than my 2G

Unless you wanna hold out to see how the all-new 08 WRXs are priced (current '07 TR is $23,999) if you can get over the looks (FAIL)

If you need cargo capacity it's definetly the GTI over the SI... can't beat a hatchback over a trunk for cargo room... I wouldn't get a VW though... number one car I always see broken down on the side of the highway... that's just my experience though... and being built in Mexico just makes it more suspicious

If you need cargo capacity it's definetly the GTI over the SI... can't beat a hatchback over a trunk for cargo room... I wouldn't get a VW though... number one car I always see broken down on the side of the highway... that's just my experience though... and being built in Mexico just makes it more suspicious

Correction: The current MK. V 06+ GTIs are built in Germany - first VIN digit "W"

'01-04 Audi A6 4.2

300hp AWD 5 speed tiptronic auto. They are loaded with some great options and are to expensive to bother modding. It makes for a good daily driver if that's what you're looking for.

Subary Legacy 2.5Gt... Classy and quick. And amazingly comfortable.

i'd get a 350z or a STI. trust me dont get a srt-4 i had one for a year and got bored with it too quick!

Well i havent had a dsm in quite sometime and of course, have wanted one ever since. It still amazes me how many of us sell them and want one again as soon as the car as gone. Anyways, i havent been able to afford much, but due to a settlement for an accident ive decided im gonna buy a fun car while the wife has the family car. heres the list of things and you can kinda see the price range

1Ga talon awd
Mazda rx7 (3rd gen)
srt4
2gb gsx
3rd gen mr2

thats bout it, ive had all those cars expect the rx7, wich has always been a dream car to have. if you have any ideas of another car throw it out there, thanks guys

Might as well just get a TT MKIV:D

Mr2 are a pain to work on (trust me)
RX7 are nice but not too much potential IMO
SRT4 i like, those with 50trims and a good tune are beasts :thumb:
i would take the 1g AWD for a second car but thats just because i already have a 2g

doing a tranny swap was not fun in the mr2, i know

rx7 no potential? i wouldnt want one with crazy hp, 300 whp would make me happy, besides they are already unreliable as is, dont want to throw 500hp at it

srt4, very true statement

i look at the awd as i would have more money to mod, now i would want quite a bit of hp out of it

do the best of both worlds put a 4g63 in the fd, after i saw that car at the shootout i want one now

FD RX7 is probably one of the sexiest cars I'll ever be able to afford. LS1 swap. Same weight, better reliability.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back