The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Which BOV? [Merged 3-8] what bov best bov

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batgirl

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2002
Woodbury, St._Paul_Minnesota
I am looking at replacing my BOV. I was looking at the Greddy XS, but I seem to be seeing people with Greddy problems aplenty. What BOV do you like? Why?

Also, what is a safe PSI for a stock turbo? I hear rumors that anything beyond 14 will raise hell on the engine.

Thanks for your help!
Batgirl

Get the hks and be done with it. Great sound and performance. You get what you pay for.

I think it is a great idea to waste money on a part that fulfills the job no better than a stock 1g BOV with the Dejon Tool Leak Stop Mod. *sigh*

The Dejon Tool Leak stop mod 1g BOV holds 30psi, and is the thing to have.

I am expecting to be buying a BOV very soon and wondered which one i should buy? Im one of those people who wants to get the most power out of my car no matter what it costs so please tell me some of the best and looks the cleanest,like i was thinking about HKS ssq Bov

I've had the HSK SSQV on my Talon for close to a year now, and it's held up to 30psi without leaking for me. It's also great for both low pressure blow-offs as well as high pressure. Make sure you get the recirculation kit!!!! It will only hurt your performance if you do not, as you can search on here and find dozens of BOV threads about it.

well its all really personal preference. me for example ive had hks and greddy (type s) and they are both great bov. but i would lean more towards the hks its a design made to last longer.:hellyeah:

as for power they dont really have anything to do with that they are more of a safety mechanism so you dont get compressor surge.;)

depending on your goals you might want to just get a 1st gen bov and use the rest of the money on hard intercooler piping or MBC, DP, and or intake.;)

what ever you choose always remember to make sure you recirculate the bov back to the intake. (greddy and hks have complete kits for our cars.):thumb:

i like the tial..thats the one i had on my first talon..im looking for one to put on my 2g now..tial all the way.

I like my HKS ssq but pretty much any name brand one you get will do the trick, make sure to get one that can recirculate though.

greddy!!!!

everyone has there opinion and whats good and whats not. just because some hates it doesnt mean its bad..

Another synapse synchronic user here. Love it. Response time is super fast and no diaphragm to wear out/cause slow openings like other bov's out there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back