The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where'd you mount your PDA

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awild

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2003
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Hook me up with some ideas. Basically all I can come up with is to the right of the head unit. I was going to buy a 2g steering wheel and cut the bag out to incorporate it in there, but I'm putting my Rio Riot MP3 player there instead.

I have to wonder what this has to do with tuning. Sounds more like a interior mod. :shrug:

just stick the lid right below air wents(in the crack) on 2G, works owesome, and it is free.

Plate bolted to the dash with velcro on it. Works great, you can put it anywhere you want it. Mine is a little up and a little to the right of the steering wheel.

Originally posted by Antilles
Plate bolted to the dash with velcro on it. Works great, you can put it anywhere you want it. Mine is a little up and a little to the right of the steering wheel.

Same place mine is. To the right of the tach and left of the hazard light button. One piece of velcro on the front of the dash, another piece on the back of the Palm, run the cord straight down, and it sits solid and is easy to see while driving, as well as easy to remove to put new batteries in. I was going to put it to the right of the radio, but that's pretty far to look to see it.

this is something i have searched and only found one post that actually had something that worked and he showed pictures. i have a 1g so i can't use the cover in the dash. the idea for velcro is nice but for me thats a little annoying because i use my palm for medical programs in school. another poster said he bought a cell phone holder that attaches to the vents but i have looked at a bunch of electronics store but to no avail. well, at least they don't open enough to hold the palm. a company called akron makes em for $30 but i would rather go a cheaper route. if you know how any other 1g's mount them, please let me know. i guess my girlfriend will have to hold it for me until i find something. at least its a sweet looking mount.:D

for lack of a better place to put it in a 1G you can slide the cover into one of your dash vents above your stereo. a little experimenting will tell you which slot is best.

No AWD launches though.

that brings up another problem. i have a m515 that the cover opena to the left and not up. i might have to use the old brain and come up with a custom mounting solution. thanks for the idea though.

My M105 has the cover off of it to fit much better and easier. M100's and 105's can be found really cheap, especially used, so in your case I'd probably just buy a second cheap palm and keep it hooked up in the car full-time. I got my M105 used for 20 bucks, and that was last year, so I can't see spending even $10 or $20 on a mount when similar money can buy an entire second Palm. Plus, if someone steals it, you won't care.

I am using this mount to the side of the radio and it works very well. A lot of options come with it for mounting. Amazon.com has it...

Revolve Design Universal Mount Kit for Palm

http://tinyurl.com/lprt

John

Here is a pic...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back