The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where to purchase a built/rtr head.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Farting

Probationary Member
Sep 4, 2014
Grand forks, North_Dakota
Hey guys I tried browsing through the sponsors at the bottom of site page and didn't quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking to spend 3k on a head for a 6 bolt but don't trust many of the options listed by google

I want 600 whp for the block I already have built. I don't wanna build my own head as I've already wrecked one doing it myself. Really I would like a safe 9k reving head at 30 psi. (Kelford 280's desired)

What are the shops/dealers you recommend? Is there an individual on this forum who would serve me better? I would rather support the small guy. Thank you

Thank you sir. I'll make some calls and post what route I ended up going

For whatever it’s worth, Darren Thomas Racing (DTR) built both of my heads and run similar to what you’re looking for with the Kelford 280s. I even had him o-ring the head and it runs great at 40psi.

For whatever it’s worth, Darren Thomas Racing (DTR) built both of my heads and run similar to what you’re looking for with the Kelford 280s. I even had him o-ring the head and it runs great at 40psi.
Ok I'll check them out. Need to do more research on o-ring setups though. Called boostin' and got a wonky quote. Still open to whatever at this point. About how much did you pay for one head between shipping a core and return shipping?

It was pre-Covid so I believe the prices have gone up and I had my transmission done along with a spare head so I don’t remember the exact price but I believe the each head was in the $900-$1,000 range with the o-rings installed.

Do you mean 3k for everything? Including a core/machining/cleaning/all valvetrain components/shipping cost?

MAP also can do. I have their stage 5 head. You should contact them or I can quote you pricing if you would let me know what exactly you need.

I ended up working with DSMPT on getting the parts I wanted. He really helped me out with making sure of what I wanted. The machining is going to be done locally and I have an option for side work to reduce the cost. I'm not expecting race shop quality however the machinist has expirence.

So RTR? No but what's instant gratification anyway

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back