The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Where to Place Jack Stands Under the Rear of a Spyder GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT_4G63

Proven Member
Mar 23, 2021
Saugerties, New_York
I’m sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I couldn’t find a definitive answer in my research in regard to a safe place to place jack stands under the rear of my Spyder GST.

I’m on my 6th DSM, but all have been AWD up to this point. I’m looking to jack up the rear of my Spyder GST to replace the exhaust, and am wondering where you all place jack stands under the rear of a FWD DSM? For that matter, I’ve never really found a great place on an AWD 2G either.

Please let me know what you guys do.

Thank you

The control arms or the rear crossmember with a piece of something to cushion it.
Thumbs up on the rear crossmember, that makes sense.

However, if I were going to drop the rear subframe, would the points where the rear trailing arms mount be an OK spot as well (pictured)?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

As long as you use something to cushion it you should be ok on that point.
Thanks again for the info and reassurance.

For anyone who may end up referencing this thread, I bought a set of these from Harbor Freight and am going to get a second pair. They fit under our cars well, are a good height, and have cushioned rubber circular pads on top.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back