The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Where to hook up vacuum lines for boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g2ner86

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2010
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
I just got a j pipe from extreme psi to make my 14b work with my fmic on my 1998 gst. My question is, there is no nipple on the j pipe to hook up the vacuum line that was on the stock pipe that bolted onto the 14b. Where do I hook this hose up to now? There is no other nipple on my intercooler pipes? and I searched and searched but found nothing that helped me with my problem. Please help!:banghead:

I would say to tee off of the first port on the intake manifold. That way you still get the earliest possible signal with your current setup. You could always just drill a hole and have someone weld a nipple on. Shouldn't be very costly and any welding shop (or if you know someone) should be able to do it in a matter of minutes.

the nipple closest to the fire wall or to the front of the car on the intake manifold?

take off the extreme pSI J pipe and weld a nipple on it , better to make close to the firewall . its a 20 minutes job in a good welding shop.

my friend had a similar problem and he just welded the nipple.

you should have checked before with extreme psi on which J pipe to buy , if its still new maybe you can change it , they have one with the nipple or just buy one of ebay for 16 Dollars.

good luck

I am with them man....but honestly, if you want to do it for the least amount of money possible, do it yourself.

I had a J pipe without the nipple on my old DSM. All I did was drill a hole just a hair too small for an NPT barb fitting, then took a tap and cut a few threads into the J pipe. Put JB Weld on the threads of the barb fitting, screw it into the J pipe. Then put JB weld on the outside of the fitting and J pipe. Torque it down.

It wont go anywhere and now you have a boost source for your MBC for a few dollars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back