The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

where to hook up for a vacuum leak test?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider85

15+ Year Contributor
May 21, 2004
Langley, B.C._Canada
i did a search but could not find any diagrams or answers. Where should I hook up the vacuum gauge on the 2.0L NT to check for vacuum leaks? Should I "T" into the one off the fuel pressure regulator or what? That seems to be the only point unless I use the brake booster one but I don't think that would work. Need help quick because I want to do this today.

I went ahead and used the FPR hose for the test. The car idled between 1000-1100 RPM and the vacuum read between 19-20. I believe that is good. I know my idle is high because I hated the amount of vibration the engine had when it was lower so I raised it. Any comments I'm happy to hear em.

Just keep in mind that without ECU changes the only way to get higher than 750 idle is to eliminate the ISC or drive it out of range so that the ECU no longer has control over the idle.

Both disable dashpot and AC idle up.

Steve

i just moved the BISS screw. I think next time I take it in to a shop I am going to get them to check the timing and reset the idle down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back