The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Where to go from here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5S5S55S

Probationary Member
Jun 4, 2003
--_United_States
I bought this 91 TSi AWD yesterday. I have been readin on this site tryin to find info but there is alot so i figured i would ask straight up. Where do i go from here? This is what the car came with...

- rebuilt bottom end with '97 internals
- second generation exhaust manifold
- 16g turbo
- port and polished head
- new water pump and timing belt
- new oil seals
- 1 year old catalytic converter
- 2.5 in exhaust piping, headers back

It feels like it stops pulling after 5500 RPMS, what can i do to make it pull the whole way through?

Well how much PSI is it at? simply increasing psi and adding a 3 inch cat instead of the 2.5 will sacrifise some low-rpm power but give you some more top end. Just try to get that 16g up to 18-20 psi without choking it or stressing it.. good air flow will help alot, bigger IC, aluminum radiator, oil cooler, and get better air flow to the radiator/engine bay should make higher PSI safer.

Check for boost leaks. Most older DSM's will have a few, and they seem to pop up every once in a while. Check the turbo for excessive shaft freeplay, if the turbo is worn it won't pull as hard in the top end. Or maybe the car is OK. The power peak for a nearly stock DSM is around 5900 RPM.

run good gas.pull negative terminal off battery for 10 minutes then reconnect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back