The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Where to Find Torque Specs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolv4v8

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2002
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I am installing my new turbo in my GSX and I was wondering some torques specs. Where can I find them? I need the manifold, turbo to manifold, downpipe, banjo bolts, oil return, etc. Thanks

The specs are in the manual, as well as the Chiltons. I just tighten them down enough so they don't break. :laugh:

I second that they are in the manual and chiltons is actally pretty good with all those... otherwise take this for what its worth (from memory)

downpipe -> o2 housing ~35
manifold-> turbine housing 47
oil banjo 10-14
manifold... I forgot but the outer two I believe are higher than the others... also you cant get a torque wrench at a few so you basically have to do it semi-by-hand... Torque one to spec that you can get at.. then put a wrench on it and slowly push harder and harder untill you see it move... Thats how hard you need to torque the rest too

Murray
help me with my problem =] (above thread)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back