The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Where to find a good fuel pump hanger

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Gina2G

10+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2011
Beaufort, South_Carolina
anyone know where to find one? no one seems to have a new one

I think you can get the whole assembly still???
You have to buy the whole thing pump & all it's a part number; MR162453
I dont think there is an aftermarket manufacturer, maybe spectra?

thanks for the identification, I guess he thinks they're the same.

So only the awd's have a 3rd line that pumps gas from the other side of the tank?

thanks for the link but I was hoping to find something used, or under $300 but that might not be an option. I can't beilive it's that much but I don't have a threaded fitting, and the previous owner snapped it off pretty short, no room for flaring, it's the slightest bit kinked so I just wanted to replace it. thanks again.

Well dont give up yet. I found one for $440. I know it isnt much difference but with STM you know its a legit OEM part not a manufacture replacement. That unit is expensive. Why do you need one if you dont mind me asking?

You can always use a -6 or -8 bulkhead with a barbed fitting on one side. Than cut out the old line, put the bulkhead thru the hole , get adapters to hook small section of braided line to the factory line. You could probably get all this in the 50-80 dollar area depending on how hard you look.

This is the bulkhead:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Put that thru the hole where the line was. It has an o rings on each side and a nut to hold it in place. Than screw a barbed female fitting onto it. Run a small section of fuel injection hose from the pump to the barb with fuel injection hose clamps on both sides. Than off the top use one -6 or -8 if you'd like fitting and about a foot and a half of steel braided line an other fitting than a fitting to adapt the -6 to the factory line. You would spend about 20 on the bulkhead assembly, 5 on the barb, 5 on the 2 hose ends, 5 on fuel hose and clamps, 10 bucks for 2 feet of hose, and around 10 for the adaptor. You are looking at about 60-70 dollars with shipping.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt-tech/370847-fuel-sending-unit-fitting.html This should help you out.

There is no room for that in a 2g awd sender. I've been trying to figure this out myself. No barb will fit in there and NOT move the pump down.

There is no room for that in a 2g awd sender. I've been trying to figure this out myself. No barb will fit in there and NOT move the pump down.

Thinking back, the last time i did one of these like this i shortened the bulkhead and clamped the hose right to the bulkhead. There is room to do it like that, but it is tight. You can also just but a weld on bung , cut the tube off flush with the top, clean the rust off and weld the fitting directly to the pump.

is anyone sure if this can be done on a 2g awd? a few people have said that there's not enough room.

does it sound possible to fabricate something from a new steel line?

IF you google it, you will see that there are quite a few people that have done it.

I was wondering how you shortened the fitting without messing up the threads?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back