The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

where to find 16g Turbo "Headers"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gTSIFZone

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Riverside, California
as stated looking for turbo "headers" for a 16g turbo... actually think its called turbo manifold but could be mistaken... ive seen them on members cars just not sure where to get them :ohdamn:

Gains from cam gears have been seen, yes, but only when tuned properly. For the vast majority of people out there they're just engine bay bling. I respect your knowledge a lot but I get the feeling you're playing Devil's Advocate here.

Upgraded cams with a 14b-16g will make power PERIOD!

Proven and shouldn't be questioned at this point on these forums

Cam gears TUNED ON A DYNO! Will also show gains

Even the honda guys all motor with boltons or built have proven this over and over again.

The gains arent massive but they are there

Hey, good thing the OEM manifold will still work..
Yeah, that one that you didn't have to pay for, is 4x stronger, and fits.

as stated looking for turbo "headers" for a 16g turbo... actually think its called turbo manifold but could be mistaken... ive seen them on members cars just not sure where to get them :ohdamn:

Best of luck ebay brand headers are relabeled and have different names and different suppliers but all end up being the same junk.

FP and DNP make the only proven GOOD fitting headers for what your looking for

OP-Listen to these guys, man. Do your homework before each and every purchase and make sure it's right for your goals. If not, don't buy it. It will save you a lot of time and money during your upgrade process.

well shoot this is scary news... and i work for an auto parts shop and we've never had a problem with this company before... which is why i went with them... once i close here im going to go home and test fit them and hope for the best

Good luck man! I know the feeling sucks... hope you can still refund. If they charge a 20% fee... i guess it's better to loose that then have that part lying around.

Last edited by a moderator:
But, we explained to you that it's not really an upgrade, that the stock manifold is good to 600 WHP..

I just..I just don't get it.

^^That's very true. The 2g manifold in ported form flows really well. Based on your profile, you still need a boost controller and/or a Tuning solution. At the very least, you need a logger of some sort. I'd suggest to spend the money there. That tubular manifold is going to put off a ton of heat. I hope you like changing alternators. Really though, good luck man. I hope it works out for you.

:toobad: another noob that got taken advantage of........ The only actual 16G Manifold would be an "EVO III exhaust manifold".....

Just read all of the replies from our fellow members and stop getting fooled by other people honestly. research before you buy and you will end up saving time and money for the most part.

:toobad: another noob that got taken advantage of........ The only actual 16G Manifold would be an "EVO III exhaust manifold".....

Just read all of the replies from our fellow members and stop getting fooled by other people honestly. research before you buy and you will end up saving time and money for the most part.

We've seen this before, newb ignores our advice, thinks he got uber awesome deal, really got taken and sold a piece of junk.

But, we explained to you that it's not really an upgrade, that the stock manifold is good to 600 WHP..

I just..I just don't get it.

There IS an actual discussion on here specifically where a gentleman with a regular big 16g gained 2mph consistantly simply swapping to an FP race manifold from a ported 2g manifold. Yes, you have to search for it. And the ambient temperature was significantly higher for the night after the swap. This was the only change, and all of his results were under 120mph with stock weight IIRC. My 16g setup went from 35 to 36.6lb/min at 22psi with a small 16g *consistantly* with higher intake temps going to a dnp-type manifold from an evo3 exhaust manifold. The small 16g compressor was still at about 70% efficiency and see's 60% efficiency past 38lb/min. Definately NOT at the very limit. And the 16g hotside has been proven to flow near 50lb/min. Nothing about the setup was stretched to limits. These gains were with a stock long block, stock intake manifold, with fp2x cams at a stock revlimit.

Stock blocks and stock compression are good to 600whp. Stock intake manifolds are good to 600whp. Hell stock cams have been proven to over 500whp. But you know what I'm going to say. One has to ask, "Are the gains worth the price to you and your build?" Mine was an ebay manifold. So you also have to ask, "Are the gains worth the headache of cracking a manifold once a season?"

Ebay manifold => 1.6lb/min gain, about 5% more flow, under $130, cracks after about a year.
Stock 2g manifold => no gain in flow because it's stock, $50 used, not prone to crack.
FP race manifold => up to 2mph gain in the 1/4mile, .2sec fast consistantly, $275 new, maybe $180 used, not prone to crack.

With all of that said, yes OP, you do not NEED a manifold upgrade to get great power out of a 16g. And yes money is better spent elsewhere as of now. But if you plan on putting an exhaust manifold upgrade on the setup anyhow, it CAN yield a noticable gain with a 16g setup at mediocre power levels. But remember you have a reliable manifold on the car now, that gets the job done with a little less efficiency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back